About the job Expediting Engineer
Job description for Expediting Engineer:
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
* Establishes the expediting strategy for new projects, prepares the expediting procedures and monitor the execution of the process.
* Provides the needed tools and templates to the expediting team for execution phase according to the client requirements
* Responsible for complying with and enforcing the expediting procedures
* Coach, train, and mentor Expediting team
* Train new and old suppliers on Veolia Standard requirements.
* Assist Project Manager with Expediting workload and participate in planning, organizing and prioritizing workload to ensure deadlines are achieved.
* Responsible for leading expediting various commodities procured for upstream O&G and various water and waste water treatment projects. Commodities include fabricated tanks, Pressure vessels, heat exchanges, piping, skids, Valves, Pumps, Blowers, skid mounted Equipments and Instruments etc.
*Responsible for coordinating with project managers, engineering team, purchasing team, suppliers, Quality team and closely follow up with supplier from end to end for expediting of Equipments, processes to meet the project timeline and following client specs.
*Responsible for expediting report issuance and communication internal and external with Customers.
* Responsible for identifying any gaps proactively at supplier for the execution at different levels, develop preventative and corrective actions in discussion with supplier for alternate plan to meet the project timeline.
*Building-up effective and solid communication channels with suppliers as well as Suez WTS cross-functional team to ensure on time delivery of equipments with value additions.
*Proactively looking for material cost out opportunities, developing supplier productivity, supporting on time delivery fulfillment by partnering with Engineering and project team.
* Work with procurement on PO Close-out and supplier performance, management, capacity, and production evaluations.
* Willing to travel ~50% of work time for various domestic and international locations.
- Ideal candidate will have min 6 to 7 years bachelors degree in a technical discipline (preferably mechanical engineering) with a minimum 5 years of vendor follow up, expediting of different commodity equipments namely fabrication of pressure vessels, skids, heat exchangers, tanks, rotating equipments, pumps, valves, pipes and fittings and different process of manufacturing.
- Experience in inspection is an added advantage and have knowledge on different metallurgy and process like Ti, 254 SMO, Super Duplex Stainless Steels, High Nickel Alloys etc. and process like rubber lining, cladding, painting, welding, NDT etc.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings and be able to effectively communicate requirements into practical applications
- Shall have working knowledge in estimating the time period of different manufacturing process, challenges and identifying alternate way to mitigate the risk of delay in execution.
- Candidates shall have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and interact with customers and suppliers on a technical level and work under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English (Spoken & Written), French is an added advantage.
- Conversant in MS Office.
- Essential to have hands on exposure in upstream O&G and Water & Waste water treatment commodities
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management Systems and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- Essential to have working experience in Power, Petrochemical, O&G multinational companies.