About the job Senior Purchase Manager
The successful candidate is primarily responsible to handle company's procurement activities which includes developing purchasing strategies, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs, and overseeing the purchasing team in their daily activities.
He shall be working with the team for the operational part and reporting to Purchase Director- member of Board of directors.
He shall be closely working with CFO for number crunching and various comprehensive computations as part of strategy and continuous improvements; Therefore, sound technical and soft skill in the corporate structure is very much essential to the candidate.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies.
2. Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
3. Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms such as price, MOQ and lead time.
4. Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
5. Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
6. Assess, manage, and mitigate risks.
7. Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
8. Determine quantity and timing of deliveries in line with demand as to avoid overstocking and understocking situation.
9. Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand with the general market trend and anticipated seasonal trend.
10. Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation.
11. Liaises with internal departments such as R&D, Production, Stores & Finance.
Experience Requirements. 1. Proven working experience as senior purchase manager for minimum 5 years preferably in perfume and cosmetics manufacturing industry.
2. Experienced in handling substantially large volume of SKUs; tentatively 5,000 plus. He should have thorough understanding about managing such large number of inventory masters. 3. Sound knowledge in SAP S4HANA and Microsoft excel.
Academic Qualification. Masters / B.E. from a reputed university. Or BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration Other information. Nationality : Indian / Pakistani Gender : Male
Location : JAFZA, Dubai