About the job Senior Mechanical Engineer
We are seeking an experienced, Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team. You will be responsible for overseeing various engineering projects and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion. In terms of reporting and responsibilities, the figure will respond to the Project Engineering Manager.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring planned engineering (mechanical) progress with respect to the engineering deliverables for Tenders (as required) and awarded Projects, mechanical engineering planning & scheduling, preparation of progress reports, manpower & resource forecasts, time schedules of engineers, utilization of resources effectively & efficiently.
- Mechanical definition of major equipment to be used in the water treatment plants (e.g. pumps, mixers, blowers and compressors, etc.) with the definition of detailed mechanical datasheets and technical specifications.
- Familiar with all the accessories to be used for the mechanical item operation (e.g. mechanical seals, joins, etc.)
- Familiar with API flush plans and consequent design and definition
- Definition and development of the piping material specifications and related applicable documents.
- Detail Engineering including design calculations, optimization, sizing & selection of equipment etc. for Tenders (as required) and for awarded Projects.
- Review of Clients tender documents, specifications, datasheets, verification of FEED design & calculations.
- Preparation and/or supervision of various engineering deliverables (Drawings & Documents) providing necessary engineering inputs to the other disciplines and other departments.
- To ensure proper division of work & responsibility among the mechanical engineers, providing proper guidance & integration of work done, ensuring good, positive & healthy working nature among the team of engineers to ensure optimum productivity & efficiency.
- Preparation & Issue of RFQ’s, evaluation of vendor’s quotations, clarifications, Technical Bid Analysis etc. for all the required process aspects.
- Review of vendor’s documents, drawings, datasheets, specifications and calculations for all the required process aspects.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mechanical or energetic engineering.
- 5+ years of experience as mechanical engineer for industrial water treatment applications (O&G preferred).
- Familiar with mechanical design software (e.g. CodePress, AMETANK, PVElite, etc.) preferred
- Familiar with 2D and 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g. AutoCAD, etc.)
- Familiar with FEA and related reports preferred
- Familiar with the Engineering Stds such as API, NFPA, ASME, BS / EN etc. and Client Stds such as SHELL, ARAMCO, MOBIL etc.
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems.
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team.
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.