Job Openings Legal Manager (Top Property Developer)
About the job Legal Manager (Top Property Developer)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To implement all policies, activities, procedures as relevant and required by the property development system.
- Heading and managing the Legal subordinates’ work, progress and development).
- Thorough review of all legal and company secretarial related documentation highlighting to Management the risks/exposures involved, possible breaches and non-compliance under all applicable laws and regulations; and offering solutions to mitigate them.
- Ensuring timely completion of all Corporate Exercises and transactions.
- Working closely with and maintaining good rapport with all levels of management and departments within the Group.
- To act as liaison officer for the property division of the company in all litigation matters.
- To closely work with all external solicitors for all pending litigation matters.
- To attend to all recovery matters for related company matters/operations.
- Review cause papers and participate in the discussions with internal departments on formulation of strategy / game plan to resolve and / or do damage control on ongoing litigation / tribunal between Purchasers and the Company
- Attending tribunal cases and court hearings/trials as company’s representative when needed
- Advise overall potential legal issues and finalize agreements after discussion and negotiation both with management and the external party.
- Advise overall potential legal issues, draft and review agreements from the internal stakeholders such as from Sales & Marketing, Project, Customer Care and Contracts departments.
- Advise on issues arising from management of housing projects and disputes with Residence Association / Joint Management Bodies.
- Preparing periodic updates on litigation cases and updating the Head of Department as and when required
- Coordinates and liaise with the external stakeholders such as external lawyers on preparation of court papers.
- Any other duty and responsibility which the company may assign from time to time.
- Minimum L.L.B (Hons) and admitted to Malaysian Bar as Advocate & Solicitor.
- Minimum 5 years in legal practice, with exposure to court litigation and dispute resolution. Knowledge in property development industry will be an added advantage.
- Open mind-set, adaptable and willing to learn
- Good leadership skills and ability to demonstrate relevant legal knowledge/practice.
- Able to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Possess strong communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Bahasa Malaysia.
Apply now or contact the below to know more.
WhatsApp / Telegram : +6018-9184054
WeChat : Johnson-JRecruit