About the job MINE GEOLOGIST - Salary from RM 10,000
The Mine Geologist is responsible for the pit ore control duties of the Mining Department including identifying rocks, making critical decisions about the ore and providing geology related services to other mine personnel. In addition, the Geologist provides data entry services to the department and processing and handling of all samples that are generated from the Mining department. The Geologist also uses the software suite to generate grade-control block models to direct mining, as well as helps with surveying duties on an as-needed basis.
• Handling, collection, and processing of all geologic samples. Geologic mapping. Petrography analysis. Applied science and geology to solve problems.
• Analyse, validate and interpret geological datasets collected during field programs· Support technical reviews using geochemical, geophysical and mapping data·
• Work with the Mine Manager on new work approaches, methods and policies to optimize performance and to ensure adherence to industry regulations and organizational standards.
• Implements processes, policies, systems and practices within geology that contribute to effective geology operations.
• Keeps on top of trends related to geology and incorporates this information into work assignments and approach.
• Monitors costs related to geology and implements approved recommendations for maximizing operational efficiencies.
• Actively seeks mentorship and learning to improve product or technical knowledge and skill set·
• Prepares and updates reserve technical reports and documentation to ensure compliance with industry and operational requirements.
• Compiles and interprets geologic and assay data that will assist in solving grade distribution questions (ore-waste boundaries, dilution) and facilitates efficient mining.
• Collaborates with senior management to identify and analyze business requirements and the implications for the team; identifies gaps and implements agreed upon solutions.
• Assists in developing in-mine exploration and delineation drilling programs.
• Identifies strategies and key performance goals and acts as an advisor to direct reports; works to overcome challenges and barriers and minimize risk.
• Professionalism, Punctual, Trustworthy, Pleasant personality and good working attitude, punctual and in good health.
• Able to relocate or work outstation depending on the assignment by the Company.
• Around 10 years of mining experience preferred.
• Candidate has around 10 years of experience in iron ore mining, others mineral like Bauxite, tin, gold, ilmenite and silica sand would be added advantage.
• Candidate must have strong geological knowledge on identifying iron ore mineral body and vein.
• Candidate must know how to calculate on ore reserve quantity, depth and width.
• Candidate must know how to organize and executing geological survey including boring and magnetic survey.
• Mining operation, processing plant designing, including crushing plant, ball mill and magnetic separation will be added advantage.
Apply now or contact the below to know more.
WhatsApp / Telegram : +6018-9184054
WeChat : Johnson-JRecruit
Email : email@example.com