About the job Head of Legal & Secretarial (Reputable Developer Company)
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To implement all policies, activities, procedures as relevant and required by the property development system.
2. Heading and managing the Legal and Company Secretarial Department (including monitoring and supervising the subordinates’ work, progress and development).
3. To play an integral role in the Group’s business decision-making process and ensuring that the Group’s interests are adequately protected.
4. Thorough review of all legal and company secretarial related documentation highlighting to Management the risks/exposures involved, possible breaches and non-compliance under all applicable laws and regulations; and offering solutions to mitigate them.
5. Ensuring timely completion of all Corporate Exercises and transactions.
6. Working closely with and maintaining good rapport with all levels of management and departments within the Group.
7. To act as liaison officer for the property division of the company in all litigation matters.
8. To closely work with all external solicitors for all pending litigation matters.
9. To attend to all recovery matters for related company matters/operations.
10. Review cause papers and participate in the discussions with internal departments on formulation of strategy / game plan to resolve and / or do damage control on ongoing litigation / tribunal between Purchasers and the Company
11. Attending tribunal cases and court hearings/trials as company’s representative when needed
12. Advise overall potential legal issues and finalize agreements after discussion and negotiation both with management and the external party.
13. Advise overall potential legal issues, draft and review agreements from the internal stakeholders such as from Sales & Marketing, Project, Customer Care and Contracts departments.
14. Advise on issues arising from management of housing projects and disputes with Residence Association / Joint Management Bodies.
15. Preparing periodic updates on litigation cases and updating the Head of Department as and when required
16. Coordinates and liaise with the external stakeholders such as external lawyers on preparation of court papers.
17. Any other duty and responsibility which the company may assign from time to time.
1. Minimum L.L.B (Hons) and admitted to Malaysian Bar as Advocate & Solicitor.
2. Minimum 5 years in legal practice, with exposure to court litigation and dispute resolution. Knowledge in property development industry will be an added advantage.
3. Open mind-set, adaptable and willing to learn
4. Good leadership skills and ability to demonstrate relevant legal knowledge/practice.
5. Able to work independently and with minimum supervision.
6. Possess strong communication and analytical skills.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Bahasa Malaysia.
8. Able to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
9. Pleasant personality, hardworking and a team player.
Apply now or contact the below to know more.
WhatsApp / Telegram : +6018-9184054
WeChat : Johnson-JRecruit