About the job Senior SQL Developer
Jadeer is hiring on behalf of one of our clients in Oman, our client was established in 2017 to offer Oil & Gas Companies the culmination of two decades of expertise in achieving significant and sustainable business transformation through digital transformation.
Job Title: Senior PDO-SQL Developer Cum DBA
As a PDO SQL Developer you will be responsible to administrating, monitoring, and troubleshooting a 24x7 production environment's database servers and associated infrastructure.
- Fair understanding of RDBMS concepts
- Very good hands-on experience in T-SQL (SQL Server 2012 or later)
- Good understanding of database concepts i.e., schemas, table spaces, temporary tables, views, indexes, sequences etc. is required.
- Develop, implement, and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Experience in Development of high-quality database solutions
- Monitor database performance metrics and implement performance optimization strategies.
- Advanced working SQL experience and knowledge including functions, triggers, etc. including the ability to write, analyze and debug complex SQL queries.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements, using complex SQL queries.
- Experience in Troubleshooting using Execution plan, Index Analysis and DMVs & DMFs
- Maintain and administer database access, roles, and grants.
- Follow Change Management processes to implement database changes.
- Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases across all database environments.
- Experience in handling large TB databases
- Perform Day to Day SQL Server Admin activities.
- Good Experience in backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations.
- Experience in indexes, index management, integrity checks,
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team of onshore and offshore resources
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- 8+ years of experience as a SQL Developer Cum DBA or similar role
- 2+ years of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- Strong Experience in T-SQL programming
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with the practical application of NoSQL\NewSQL databases
- Familiarity with Entity-Attribute-Value model
- Good time-management skills
- Extensive Experience in SSMS, Azure Devops, TFS and SQL Profiler
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Team player working in virtual environment
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Join a dynamic and innovative company at the forefront of the industry
- Collaborate with a talented and diverse team of professionals
- Benefit from ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity for career growth and advancement within the organization
- Working Hours: 9-5 (Sun-Thursday)
- Working Model: Remote
- Willing to reallocate later.
At Jadeer, we value diversity and equal opportunity. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and experiences.