Job Openings Data Engineer
About the job Data Engineer
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems；
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs；
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and hadoop ‘big data’ technologies；
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc；
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- A Bachelors or higher degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Economics
- Knowledge of some of the following: SQL,R, Python, Hive, Pig, Mahout, Java, C#
- Relevant coursework in machine learning, data science, data mining, big data, and/or statistical inference
- Working knowledge of big data concepts like Hadoop, MapReduce, and HDFS
- Familiarity with data tools and services in Azure, AWS, and/or GCP eco-system is preferred
- 1-4 years or more demonstrated experience using quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommendations, to build and communicate plans, and to monitor and measure progress against goals
- Demonstrated experience using quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommendations, to build and communicate plans, and to monitor and measure progress against goals.