About the job Cook (Frisian Islands)
Introduction & details about the job:
Job Adventure, the Barcelona-based recruitment organization, has joined forces with one of the large temporary employment agencies in The Netherlands to bring job opportunities to adventurous people who want and have the necessary documentation to work in Europe.
We collaborate with a large network of hotels, restaurants and establishments in The Netherlands that are looking for experienced people to work in the kitchen.
Location of the vacancy: Frisian Islands (Schiermonnikoog, Ameland, Terschelling, Vlieland, and Texel).
You will develop your cooking skills working in one of the five world heritage islands in the Netherlands.
You are the ideal candidate if you :
- Have experience in cooking and are willing to support the Chef to other colleagues in the kitchen.
- Flexibility and knows how to work under pressure at certain times.
- Priority over quality in preparations and hygiene.
- Can be in charge of washing, cutting vegetables, cleaning, preparing some snacks, or preparing dishes, mice, and places.
- Can assist the first chef or be responsible for their own section in the kitchen.
What do we offer?
- Contract through Dutch collective agreement.
- Salary from 14- 15 euros gross per hour. 2.140- 2.300 euros gross per month and TIPS 300 euros net per month!
- Weekly salary payments.
- Accommodation in a sharing housing is organized by the hotel, restaurant, or establishment at a low cost, around 55 - 65 per week. Always close to the workplace.
- Minimum 2 meals are included in your work hours.
- Workweeks are an average of min. 35 and max. 60 hours (high season is always more than 40 hours per week).
- The working schedule will be provided by the restaurant/hotel.
- Subsidized Health Insurance: this legal requirement will be organized for you by our partners at the reduced rate of 33,50 per week.
- On the island you can rent a bicycle relatively cheaply or the establishment can provide you with one.
- Boat ticket: Paid by Job Adventures partners in the Netherlands.
- 8 % holiday allowance.
- A hostel´s night paid for us in Groningen. The following day our colleagues will stay with you to manage your BSN number at the city hall.
- Important note: You will be responsible for the airfare!
Disclaimer: Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor non-EU citizens at this stage.