About the job Housekeeper (Frisian Islands)
Introduction & details about the job:
Job Adventure, the Barcelona-based recruitment organization, has joined forces with one of the large temporary employment agencies in The Netherlands to bring job opportunities to adventurous people who want and have the necessary documentation to work in Europe.
We collaborate with a large network of hotels in The Netherlands that are looking for experienced people as a housekeeper.
Location of the vacancy: Frisian Islands (Schiermonnikoog, Ameland, Terschelling, Vlieland and Texel).
You will develop your cooking skills working in one of the five world heritage islands in the Netherlands.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate has hospitality experience as a housekeeper, is flexible, and used to working under pressure at key moments. Quality and hygiene are paramount in-room preparation. They should be able to clean and prepare the rooms for a good welcome to the guest. Adaptability, flexibility, hygiene, and the ability to adapt to the culture in another country and another language are of vital importance.
You are the ideal candidate if you:
- Performs cleaning duties in the guest's rooms.
- Consistently offers professional, friendly, and engaging service.
- Ensures housekeeping departmental standards are followed.
- Responds timely to guests' special requests for miscellaneous items like cribs, cots, extra towels, etc.
- Maintains the inventory of necessary supplies.
- Reports necessary maintenance items.
- Follows departmental policies and procedures.
- Follows all safety and sanitation policies.
- Assists other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Performs additional duties as needed
- Intermediate English Level (Necessary good communication)
What do we offer?
- Contract through Dutch collective agreement.
- Salary from 12,12 euros gross per hour ( + 21 years old). 2.000 euros gross per month.
- Weekly salary payments.
- Accommodation in a sharing housing is organized by the hotel, restaurant, or establishment at a low cost, around 55 - 65 per week. Always close to the workplace.
- Minimum 2 meals are included in your work hours.
- Workweeks are an average of min. 35 and max. 60 hours (high season is always more than 40 hours per week).
- The working schedule will be provided by the restaurant/hotel.
- Subsidized Health Insurance: this legal requirement will be organized for you by our partners at the reduced rate of 33,50 per week.
- On the island you can rent a bicycle relatively cheaply or the establishment can provide you with one.
- Boat ticket: Paid by Job Adventures partners in the Netherlands.
- 8 % holiday allowance.
- Help and assistance in Spanish throughout the process: communication, interviews, and information.
- A hostel´s night paid for us in Groningen. The following day our colleagues will stay with you to manage your BSN number at the city hall.
- Important note: You will be responsible for the airfare!
- Experience as a housekeeper.
- Minimum level of English B1.
Disclaimer: Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor non-EU citizens at this stage.