About the job Cooks (Multiple destinations in The Netherlands)
Introduction & details about the job:
JobAdventure, the Barcelona-based recruitment organization, has joined forces with two of the large temporary employment agencies in the Netherlands to bring job opportunities to adventurous people who want and have the necessary documentation to work in Europe.
We collaborate with a large network of hotels, restaurants, and establishments in the Netherlands that are looking for experienced people to take charge of their kitchens.
Locations of the vacancy: Multiple destinations
Cities near Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Arnhem, Utrecht, Breda, Goes... ¡We have different destinations for you!
Who are we looking for?
The ideal person has experience in cooking and is willing to support the Chef. You prepare the dishes in an eye-catching way. You have flexibility and knows how to work under pressure at certain times. It has priority over quality in preparations and hygiene. Knows what is required of an independent cook within a kitchen. As an independently working cook, works daily in the kitchen, and you perform all common activities in collaboration with the chef and/or sous chef.
Your main functions will be:
- Experience in cooking and is willing to support from the Chef to other colleagues in the kitchen.
- Flexibility and knows how to work under pressure at certain times.
- Priority over quality in preparations and hygiene.
- Can oversee the washing, cutting of vegetables, cleaning, preparing some snacks or preparing dishes, mice end plase.
- Can assist the first chef or be responsible for their own section in the kitchen.
What do you get?
- Opportunity to grow within one of the most successful hospitality businesses in the Netherlands.
- Contract through Dutch collective agreement.
- Full-time work (35- 38 h/week contract + possibility to work extra hours).
- Hourly rate 12 - 14 euros gross /hour.
- Accommodation is organized by the hotel, restaurant, or establishment at a low cost: From 75 to 91 euros per week (it depends on the place). Own or shared a room in a shared house.
- Subsidised Health Insurance: this legal requirement will be organized for you by our partners at the reduced rate of 33,50 euros per week.
- 10 % holiday allowance returned.
- Management of your BSN number once in the Netherlands.
- Important note: You will be responsible for the airfare!
- European nationality/passport is mandatory.
- Experience as a Cook in restaurants or hotels for at least more than 1 year.
- Studies and training in the gastronomy sector.
- It is vital that you have a minimum of an Intermediate level of English. (B1 +)