About the job System Administrator
The System Administrator is a technical position that requires intermediate knowledge across multiple areas of IT Support & Infrastructure. The System Administrator will be responsible for delivering effective IT Support requirements, to ensure maximum productivity of end users.
Key Performance Areas
(Any experience in below KPA will be advantageous)
- Provide On-Site First and Second Level End User Support.
- Installation, Troubleshooting & Maintenance of the below Hardware:
- MFP Printers.
- VOIP Hardware.
- Networking Hardware (Wired & Wireless).
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve faults, as logged on the Companies Helpdesk System, escalating to the Head of IT where necessary, quickly, and effectively.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to address multiple calls simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
- Must be Self-Motivated and able to work under general supervision, with close attention to detail.
- Must be a good Team Player as the nature of the role requires comfortable interaction and liaison with Management, Co-Workers, and clients.
- Ability to produce accurate results within prescribed deadlines.
- Neatness in work essential.
- Passion for the IT Industry.
- Results driven, positive and professional disposition.
- Client service skills and customer approach.
- Excellent Interpersonal; verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem Solving and Troubleshooting skills essential.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Positive, confident approach to work and colleagues.
- Honest and reliable.
- Sober Habits.
- Drivers license and own transport essential.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
Experience and Qualifications
- Proficient with Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 8 / 8.1/ 10 / 11).
- Proficient with Windows Server Operating Systems (Windows Server 2008 / 2008R2 / 2012 / 2012R2 2019 / 2022).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 / 2022).
- Proficient with Microsoft 365.
- Microsoft Office Packages.
- Intermediate TCP/IP Networking knowledge essential
- Experience with various Internet Connectivity Mediums essential:
- 3G / LTE.
- Experience with Enterprise Antivirus packages essential:
- ESET Endpoint Protection.
- Technical experience with Sage 300 Advantageous.
- Technical experience with Syspro Advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Desktop Support / System Administrator role essential.
This position will attract a Market Related salary according to qualification and experience gained.