Job Openings Senior Production & Supply Planning Engineer
About the job Senior Production & Supply Planning Engineer
Job Description: Provide staff planning assistance for the operation of refinery processes and the production of products for the Export Refinery. Analyze daily operations and provide operating targets for optimization of the refinery. Prepare monthly operating plans including rate/severity/cutpoint targets, inventory targets, and optimal operating modes and product slate. Evaluate Spot/Spec variances limits, capabilities & economics for SPSB updates.
- Develops schedules for weekly and monthly operating periods considering refinery economics, raw materials, product demands, weekly target, monthly plan and refinery equipment capability.
- Monitors refinery process data on daily basis. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets to make recommendations to Operations Dept. on unit rates, cut points, severities, etc. to optimize refinery operations.
- Liaison with Offtakers with respect to Production Programs, Lifting Nominations. Lifting Schedules and Inventory Control/Allocation.
- Provide reconciliation of actual versus planned production (qualities, quantities, unit yields, etc.) and inventory and present to steering team in Accountability meeting on quarterly basis.
- Coordinates raw material inputs (crude, gas liquids, methanol, etc.) and additive purchases
- Provide relief when required i.e.:
- Prepare delivery and receipt schedule of products.
- Coordinate feed stock transfer for local industry (Yanpet, Lubref etc.)
- Coordinate product availability/control with P&S Planning group.
- Provide gasoline blend recipes to Operations and Oil Movement.
- Coordinate with Offtakers, Operations and Technical Departments on matters pertaining to specification changes, establishment or discontinuation of stocks. Allowance for and disposition of off-spec products.
- Prepare weekly operating Targets.
- Coordinate with Inspectors on Product Quality Issues.
- Reviews, analyzes and develops recommendations regarding the refinerys ability to meet new product specifications (develops Specification Variances)
- Perform economic studies and products availabilities forecast considering inventories, refinery equipments availability and product demand.
- Updates Offtakers inventory projections and weekly Inventory Allocation and Monthly Allocation Report. Also add back-up activities for Planning Engineer (lifting schedule & inventory projection) and refinery LPs (gasoline, Dist LPs).