About the job Staff Scientist | Biotech
Location: Duarte, California, United States - Office space available at location listed
Industry: Pharmaceutical / BiotechJob Category: Research & Developmentor Staff Scientist role, will look for candidates to be more versed with various GI cancers.
Who you are:
Are you a senior Scientist or lower faculty (maybe at a smaller institution)?
Are you continuing through your academia path?
Have you demonstrated experience in GI oncology and cancer biomarkers (mostly working on detecting pre-cancer markers in this lab I believe..) Depending on specifics, might be open to a more general immunology background)?
Key Responsibilities include:
- Devise, plan, document and advance basic science and translational projects in the relevant research area.
- Generate data for grant applications and prepare manuscripts for publication.
- Work in close collaboration with other team members and external collaborators, including presentation of progress internally or externally.
- Train and supervise post-doctoral fellows and technical staff.
- You will have the unique possibility to drive research towards a novel cancer diagnostics and therapy at the interface of science and translation to the clinic and publish high-impact journals.
- This position allows a Staff Scientist to submit grants to various private and federal organizations.
Qualifications: Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- PhD and/or MD/PhD
- Evidence of first or senior author peer-reviewed publications
- Prior molecular, cancer biology and/or translational research experience and evidence of project development and supervision of post-doctoral fellows and technical staff
- Prior evidence for any obtaining any grant funding and plans for seeking extramural grant funding within 1-3 years of joining
Visa Candidate Considered: Yes
Base Salary - This is a hourly paid position (perm), target pat range: $33.00/hr-$73.94/hr
Benefits - None
Relocation Assistance Available - YesCommission Compensation - NoBonus Eligible - NoOvertime Eligible - NoInterview Travel Reimbursed - No
2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Associate
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Professional Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never
Someone who has at least 3 yrs. of Post Doc exp. and motivation to possibly move into faculty role one day.