About the job Chief News Editor - Fintech & Crypto
*Work from anywhere on the planet! The marketing firms HQ is in London but have teams working remotely all over the world.*
The marketing firm is seeking a talented and experienced Chief News Editor to join their team and contribute to their goal of creating the most informative sites in this vertical.
If you are knowledgeable about fintech, cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, and the rapidly evolving world of decentralized finance (DeFi); have a passion for breaking news and delivering engaging stories that capture the attention of readers - you are most certainly in the right place.
As company's Chief News Editor, you will be covering breaking news, market trends, and emerging technologies, while working closely with their editorial team to ensure all content is accurate, timely, and meets editorial standards. You will be responsible for creating and publishing original news content related to business, fintech and crypto on their biggest and best brands.
We especially are looking for someone who can demonstrate a depth of experience in both building and managing news teams. You will have an eye for detail but also an ability to strategize and implement solutions as required as you monitor the sites key performance indicators.
Integrating multimedia and social channels into their news operations is an important part of the job, as well as hiring new talent and training existing staff, all to be achieved while aligning with the commercial imperatives of the company. Videos, podcasts and events are also areas the company is keen to develop further, so expertise in these areas is helpful but not essential.
Techopedia.com, Business2Community.com, Cryptonews.com are leading news, analysis, education and data sites that cover the latest developments, trends and themes in the world of business, fintech and cryptocurrencies. In addition to covering the daily news cycle, their sites provide insight, reviews guides and other educational content for individuals and institutions looking to stay up-to-date with the rapidly evolving world of fintech, from blockchain to ChatGPT.
At the marketing firm we are committed to creating a culture that fosters growth, creativity, and innovation. If you are passionate about the fintech and crypto industries and want to be part of a dynamic and fast-growing team, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Strategy and implementation of editorial policies and plans
- Oversight of news/editorial teams and news content production
- Management of staff, recruitment, budgets
- Ensure we build and maintain a best-in-class news function, including:
- Researching and producing original news stories related to the fintech/crypto industries, delivered in a timely manner, in line with content/editorial calendars and industry events
- Conducting interviews with industry experts and key players in the crypto space
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting of market trends, news developments, and regulatory changes related to the fintech/crypto industries
- Collaborating with other team members, including editors, writers and designers to produce engaging and informative content
- Acquisition of quality editorial talent to meet the needs of an expanding news operation as part of the wider marketing firms media network.
- Manage and build out existing teams, including putting in place training program's for continual professional development.
- Monitor key performance indicators such as traffic, SEO rankings, social media engagement and make improvements as required.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Experience in an editorial leadership capacity, ideally news/editor in chief
- Strong knowledge of the fintech / crypto industries, including areas ranging from VC investments, business technology and industry regulations to neobanks, industry regulations, artificial intelligence and other emerging trends
- Excellent writing and research skills, with a keen eye for accuracy and detail
- Maintenance of high standards is paramount
- Ability to meet tight deadlines (organizing team to do the same)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a remote team environment
- Experience of managing a busy news desk and building editorial teams in fast-paced settings
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and the ability to optimize content for search engines
"What s in it for me"
- A brilliant opportunity to grow your career & work with a fun, fast-paced & growing company, prepared to let you shine
- An entrepreneurial environment where you learn more every day (they more than welcome and support people with their own projects)
- Build an organisation right from the "beginning"
- Personal responsibility with a ton of autonomy
- ️Truly remote working (Work anywhere in the world)
- ️33/30 free paid days
- Market leading remuneration and bonuses + revenue/profit shares available
- Professional development and ongoing learning
- An international team with over 40 nationalities
About The Marketing Firm:
Excited about this opportunity? Apply NOW!
The marketing firm is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from ALL backgrounds.