About the job Financial Accountant
Finance and Administration · Kerry, Munster (Remote)
Location: Remote (Ireland)
Why apply for this role
Are you naturally innovative and creative and want to apply your talents to build on the company's reputation for quality and responsiveness? Are you looking to join an organisation where personal and professional growth is as important to us as it is to you?
Do you want to be part of a culture where its ok not to feel ok; and its absolutely ok to ask for help?
About the Company
Headquartered in Ireland, they embrace diversity and have teams in the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. They are passionate about creating end-to-end, people-focused learning solutions. Proud of their trusted relationships with their long-standing, established Clients. They are looking to continue to build on these relationships and create new growth opportunities.
The company provides an environment of acceptance and inclusion. They embrace diverse thinking and are always looking for smarter ways to work. They value each other immensely and truly believe in the value of their products and services in creating positive change.
As a result of continued growth, PulseLearning is seeking an experienced Financial Accountant to oversee this high-performing team. The ideal candidate will have experience as an accountant in SAAS, preferably in a senior role. As a strong communicator, this person will streamline our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes. The controller will also produce thorough financial status reports for senior managers to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth. Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior managers by evaluating, analysing, and reporting appropriate data points. Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to the current economic landscape. Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines in line with company policies and strategies.
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective actions
- Establish (in coordination with CFO) financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a monthly and annual basis
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures, adhering to national and local legal standards while remaining knowledgeable of proposed legislation
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximise protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows
- Maintain internal safeguards for revenue receipts, costs, and team and organisational budgets and actual expenditures
- Work close with the CFO and the Business to ensure clarity on financial performance and financial information is presented clearly to support non-finance colleagues
- Develop strong relationships with the Business operationally and support any initiatives and queries.
- Identify and suggest improvements across the Business from a control and business process efficiency perspective
- Mentor to the existing small Finance Team (global locations) and manage their workload, activities, responsibilities and priorities
- Assist the CFO to develop and publish KPI reporting to drive improvements in Commercial Operations
- Support the CFO in Audits and Financial Statements preparation in Multi Jurisdictions
- Taxation compliance support to CFO for multiple entities worldwide
- Corporate governance support to CFO
- Company Secretarial compliance to CFO for multiple entities worldwide
- Ad Hoc Work and Systems Replacement Projects
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field
- Professional certification, such as the ACA/FCA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent with 5+ years PQE
Required skills and experience
- The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, open communication skills, exceptional numerical proficiency, and systems implementation experience.
- The Ideal candidates will have experience in managing multi-currency, multiple geographies.
- Experience in SAGE 200 Professional
- Experience with SaaS business models and their associated revenue recognition
- Experiences with start-ups is an advantage
The company hires the great people. They work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better. They offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working
- Access to mental health and well-being resources
Employment type: Full-time
Travel: Not required
Start date: Immediate