About the job Senior Electronics Engineer (Embedded Systems)
Senior Electronics Engineer
We have partnered up with a leading F1 team and are looking for a passionate Senior Electronics Engineer (Embedded Systems) to join the Powertrains team. In their brand-new purpose-built electronics facility, they have the tools required to develop new technologies, deliver exciting research projects and above all support our dynamic team of engineers, ensuring that they flourish and realise their goals and targets.
In this Senior Electronics Engineer (Embedded Systems) role you will be responsible for the specification, design, development, testing, debugging and operation of embedded systems for the power unit from initial concept through to successful usage on the PU during races.
You will be required to bring together requirements from all areas of the team and determine the right engineering compromises to deliver the finished systems.
You will be able to lead and advise our junior team members at all stages of the project, focusing on hardware design in the following areas: processing platforms (e.g. Microcontroller, FPGA, SoC), communication interfaces (e.g. Ethernet, CAN FD, FlexRay, SPI), sensor signal conditioning & measurement electronics, etc.
To be considered for this Role:
- Senior Electronics Engineer (Embedded Systems) role, you will be educated to degree level within an Electrical/Electronic Engineering or allied discipline
- At least 5 years experience in embedded systems projects.
- Experience within a F1 hybrid power unit project is advantageous but not essential, however what is essential is advanced knowledge in schematic design and PCB layout of digital and analogue circuits.
- You will be comfortable leading a system design from a blank sheet of paper, developing robust solutions to meet requirements while meeting targets for reliability, manufacturability and cost.
- Working with multiple stakeholders to coordinate and meet all their requirements will be an essential part of your job.
- A background of working with high power and high voltage (up to 1000V) systems is an advantage, as well as detailed knowledge of electronics simulation and data analysis tools.
- You will have a proven track record of successful fault investigation, containment, and rectification.
- Excellent time management, communication and problem-solving skills enable you to succeed in a team competing at the highest level of motorsports.
Offer and Benefits
Opportunity to work with fantastic Senior Electronics Engineers (Embedded Systems) roles, but it is also a fantastic team to work with here in the Powertrains teams.
A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free food, and a cycle to work scheme; but above all, the job satisfaction does not get any better than the feeling of making a real contribution to the function of their grand prix cars.