About the job Senior Medical Information Specialist
As part of the Medical Information Contact Center (MICC) team, this position ensures client success by providing oversight of assigned clients, including implementation, ongoing management, regular touchpoints and meetings. This position understands client needs, and ensures deliverables meet expectations, including key performance indicators (KPIs) and service levels.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Serve as a reference source and provide guidance to Medical Information Specialists and junior staff.
- Serve as a product- or client- liaison functioning under the supervision of management of the client.
- Proactively monitor the approved medical information content, work processes related to handling product inquiries, and assure compliance with client performance requirements of the client's MICC.
- Provide constructive suggestions and follow through with implementation of appropriate changes. The responsibility shall include revising/updating the content or processes to meet the client's MICC service standards as well as the expectations and requirements of the client(s).
- Serve as a Functional Team Lead, a highly knowledgeable team member who acts as a resource for the team relating to day-today call and case processing.
- Serve as a resource for less experienced staff in proper procedures and processes for intake and reporting of adverse events as required by each client.
MEDICAL INFORMATION SUPPORT
- Respond to medical information inquiries from physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other health care professionals, consumers, and payers. Utilize medical information skills to identify, research, and critically evaluate medical literature to create responses to medical information inquiries.
- Utilize writing skills for adverse event and product complaint narrative during intake as well as medical inquiry custom responses.
- Handle requests across multiple channels and platforms (phone, email, CRM, chat, etc.)
- Identify adverse events and product complaints during interactions with customers. Perform intake sufficient to generate adverse event and product complaint reports in compliance with the client's MICC and client standard operating procedures. Knowledge of FDAs post- marketing adverse event reporting regulations and safety terminology. Ability to make accurate assessments regarding what information needs to be obtained and level or depth of information to be collected.
- Coordinate processes necessary for responding to product quality-related complaints. This process may involve interactions with personnel in the following departments: Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, and the complainant.
- Maintain product, therapeutic area, and client specific requirements knowledge.
- Ensure good documentation, high quality, and excellent customer service.
- Medical writing and Medical Information content development. Provide medical writing to assist in drafting of Medical Information response documents [FAQs, Scientific Response Documents (SRDs), Custom Response Documents (CRDs)] and/or work collaboratively with medical writing team to develop these materials.
- Staffing at scientific medical affairs booths.
- On-call responsibilities on an as assigned basis.
- Miscellaneous projects such as market and competitive product research, operational and process improvements, field team training and field liaison support.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: Advanced healthcare degree (preferred PharmD or higher).
- Licensure: Pharmacist license.
- Must speak, read, and write in English fluently.
- Experience and/or Training: Two to three years of Medical Information and/or Pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experiences in a Contact Center and Pharmaceutical industry environment.
- Skills in project management and time management.
- Technology/Equipment: Technology proficiency in the areas of telephony, Medical Information database, Microsoft Office, and video conference platforms.
- Knowledge: Therapeutic expertise. Ability to critically evaluate medical literature. Medical Information contact center systems and processes.
- Experience in Drug Information or a specialty area, particularly in Oncology, Hematology, Immunology, rare disease, Neurology, Cardiology, or other specialty.
Data Privacy Consent
By submitting your application for this job, you are authorizing JWay Group to: a) collect and use your personal data, and to disclose such data to any third party with whom JWay Group or any of its related corporations has service arrangements, in each case for all purposes in connection with your job application, and employment with JWay Group or its clients; and b) retain your personal data for consideration of future job opportunities (where applicable for relevant unsuccessful job applicants).