About the job Underwriter
We are looking to hire an Underwriter, from highly motivated and highly talented Junior to experienced and seasoned professionals with a working background in insurance companies.
You are expected to have meticulous attention to detail, exceptional analytical, decision-making, research, and communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Business Administration.
- Two (2) years of experience as an Underwriter is required.
- Strong analytical skills with research proficiencies.
- Expert in risk analysis assessments with insurance policies.
- Ability to use reasonable and sound judgment.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Thorough knowledge of databases, tracking systems, and computer programs for data analysis.
- Solid organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Brilliant in understanding technical terms/ technologies, math, and statistical data.
- Knowledgeable in underwriting regulations.
- Ability to build rapport with clients, brokers, and key role-players of JWay's client in achieving their company goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support JWay's client needs on underwriting and insurance policies.
- Collect appropriate and accurate information required to assess potential clients' risk for insurance policies.
- Review client policy applications based on the previous loss records, age, medical report, credit ratings, and driving records.
- Prepare reports that detail risk assessment findings for reference in making final decisions.
- Compare various policies having similar risk undertaking and conduct actuarial studies to decide on our client loss records.
- Evaluate policies with regards to the underwriting standards.
- Performs decision making to accept, modify, or reject an insurance policy application after careful investigation of all the required documents and study of the risk involved.
- Analyze statistical data using specialized computer programs of the client.
- Responsible for writing quotes, determining possible premiums and coverage, and negotiating terms with brokers and clients.
- Carefully select and study policy wordings, including the preparation of the terms and conditions.
- Handles and assists on queries from credit control departments, brokers, and clients.
Data Privacy Consent
By submitting your application for this job, you are authorizing JWay Group to: a) collect and use your personal data, and to disclose such data to any third party with whom JWay Group or any of its related corporation has service arrangements, in each case for all purposes in connection with your job application, and employment with JWay Group or its clients; and b) retain your personal data for consideration of future job opportunities (where applicable for relevant unsuccessful job applicants).