About the job RPG Programmer
We are looking for an experienced RPG Programmer with the ability to understand high-level technical specifications and convert them into RPG code. They are also responsible for implementing, maintaining and enhancing systems.
As an RPG programmer, you will also be responsible for providing IT support services to our client’s activities and also responsible for assisting in training services to end users.
Compensation is very competitive with the opportunity to gain other IT skills.
• A minimum of 5 years experience programming on IBM i
• A demonstrated proficiency in all business concepts, including hands-on support experience for processes such as Accounting, Multi-Claims Processing System.
• Experience with RPG, RPGLE, SQLRPGLE, CL, and Java.
• Knowledge of relational database, including SQL
• Understand SDLC concepts on IBM i; Turnover experience a plus.
• Experience with IBM i operating system admin and system backups.
• Knowledge in programming and working with APIs
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain current RPG code base for the ERP
• Gather requirements for new initiatives, document and carry the development life cycle through from DEV – QA – Production
• Understand core business operational process flows, and related IT systems capabilities
• Follow IT project management methodology and perform IT administrative duties
• Build documentation such as business problem definitions, requirements documents, solution design specs, mapping specs, business process maps, and training documents
• Participate in maintenance responsibilities, such as production monitoring, file maintenance and full management of the as400
• Coordinate tasks and projects with partner IT departments and business teams
• Build, present, confirm, and execute test plans; provide professional testing status updates to both internal and external customers
• Participate in test readiness reviews, participate in design reviews, and conduct audits of test programs
• Promote code from development and production following IT policies and procedures
• Collaborate with various business teams to improve efficiencies and speed of internal operations by improving process and/or system capabilities
• Recommend process and system enhancements based on analysis, experience, and intuition
• Conduct and present root cause analysis for repetitive issues or major issues.
Academic or professional experience in requirements analysis and design, or systems implementations
IBMi and RPG: 5+ years
• SQL: 1 year
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving / troubleshooting skills
• Solid Microsoft Office skills (collaboration with Zoom, building mapping specs in Excel, writing professional technical documentation in Word.
• Coachable, willing to learn on the job, and willing to offer feedback/advice
• Experience writing and running queries against relational SQL database(s) is a plus
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Willing to travel to the US when needed
- Highly technical, highly dedicated, detail oriented and well organized
- Team player