About the job Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
We are building the connective tissue for the $3T residential rental industry and changing the way renters search, stay, and move their way through apartment networks.
Large institutions own tens-of-millions of rental units in America, yet the residents who live in them have little knowledge of the benefits of the vast portfolio in which they live. Our mission is to build rental networks that unlock the value in enduring residential relationships.
Our founding team includes veterans of the real estate technology industry, previously launching and scaling businesses (ex: Compass, Jetty, RentPath) backed by Ribbit, Khosla, Founders Fund, TPG and prominent real estate firms. We have built products and scaled distribution with the largest operators of multifamily real estate including Greystar, Blackstone, Related, Cortland and, at their most recent startup, scaled from 0 to 2M+ apartment units on the platform in 3 years.
We are currently developing our initial product alongside the largest institutional real estate firms in the country and in the process of building out our founding team. We are headquartered in NYC and have raised $3M+ seed financing.
What We're Looking For
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our founding team. You’ll leverage your experience building performant, well-tested and interactive frontend applications to bring our initial product to life, and contribute to the technical strategy and engineering culture of Renew.
You are collaborative, business-focused, action-oriented and show a high degree of ownership over your work. You understand that there are many tools and technologies to get the job done, but know how to make pragmatic decisions to solve your problem. You enjoy working on a variety of technical challenges, and are excited about joining a fast moving, early startup environment.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience building performant client-side applications
- Prior experience developing complex React applications in a production environment, using common state managers (Redux, Flux) and API integrations (REST, GraphQL)
- Strong understanding of architectural patterns for modern frontend applications
- Knowledge of frontend development best practices, including CI/CD, deployment and testing
- Experience debugging errors and diagnosing performance issues in browser-based applications
- A self starter with great communication and organizational skills, who has prior experience working on an agile software team
- Experience at an early stage startup or with real estate technology is a plus
What You'll Do
- As part of the founding team you will work closely with the VP of Engineering and the founders to design and build our initial product
- Collaborate with teammates across the company and lead the development and release of major components of our frontend application
- Write performant, well-tested code that will be the foundation of Renew’s product experience
- Test, release, support and iterate on the features you build
- Help recruit, mentor and develop your teammates
- Act as a champion for Renew’s mission, vision, and values and partner across the company to drive a high-performance work environment
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- Generous parental leave policy
- Challenge each other. We’re curious, we’re instigators, and we’re driven
- Set each other up for success. We’re team players, we’re kind, we treat each other with empathy, and we’re selfless
- Instill trust. We have integrity, we earn respect, and we’re accountable
- Commit to the mission. We show up everyday, we support our peers, partners and customers
- Have Fun. We don’t take ourselves too seriously - we enjoy what we and do it the best we can
- Celebrate our differences. We leverage other’s experiences, beliefs and differences