About the job Senior Full Stack Engineer (Ruby on Rails Generalist)
Senior Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails Generalist)
This startup (still in stealth mode) aims to disrupt the $750 billion home service industry by revolutionizing and digitizing the homeowner experience. They firmly believe that the future of the home service industry lies in embracing technology to replace outdated and inefficient phone calls, manual scheduling and payments, and costly paper-based processes.
How: We achieve this through deep, bi-directional integrations with large-scale brands' operational CRMs, automating an exceptional white-labeled consumer experience that significantly enhances customer-related metrics.
Progress: Initial data from early partnerships has far exceeded expectations, leading to a substantial backlog of customers with billions of dollars in annual gross sales. This startup is a well-capitalized Series A company with multiple years of cash runway.
Team: The three Co-founders and the rest of our team have spent our careers building world-class tech companies that transform local businesses by digitizing their consumer experience(s). We are an experienced executive team that have been founders or exec team members at the following companies, each with successful outcomes: Seamless ($GRUB), Slice ($1B+ pre-IPO), OLO ($OLO), SinglePlatform ($TRIP), Constant Contact ($CTCT), and Good Uncle ($ARMK).
The Job: As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will work with a small team to rapidly launch and iterate the product.
This is a high-impact role in which you will have a profound influence on the product and on the success of our customers.
- Great communication skills - can work closely with product and design to quickly deliver MVP and iterate.
- Strong judgment and ability to make and implement sound foundational decisions.
- Values careful planning and asynchronous alignment, especially early in projects.
- Understands that early-stage companies need to build quickly to learn quickly; ability to make sound decisions and tradeoffs is key.
- Framework thinker who is collaborative, respectful and routed in sound engineering practices.
- Can work independently.
- Resourceful can get it done.
- 4+ years experience working on complex systems in a full stack or back-end capacity.
- Real world experience shipping product; can lead features from ideation to production.
- Experience in full stack web development - we currently use Rails, Stimulus, and Turbo, but always open
- to the right technology for the job.
- Experience with relational databases - especially PostgreSQL.
- Experience with queues and background jobs - we use GoodJob.
- Deep understanding of Restful APIs and authentication protocols - able to quickly implement external APIs
- and eventually build out internal APIs to power web and native applications.
- Can contribute to building responsive front ends on web.
- Product-minded data planning.
- Nice to have: Salesforce API integration and/or Turbo Native experience.
- Fully remote team
- Daily stand ups with product/dev teams
- Weekly 1:1s
- Agile Kanban
- Competitive compensation (including health insurance and stock options) Salary is dependent on location and seniority.
- Unlimited PTO: take the time you need when you need it.
- A remote-first environment that enables you to work where you choose.
- Subsidy for at-home work machine and equipment
- Regular strategic on-sites (in NYC) and off-sites (TBD) where we gather the team for work and non-work.
- A world-class team of fun, welcoming, ego-free, proven entrepreneurs with whom to build life-long relationships.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity/expression), national origin, disability or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.