About the job Chief Technology Officer
About the company:
Seeds is a financial technology company that provides financial advisors a platform to better understand investor needs and values, automatically deliver customized portfolios that align, and deepen client relationships along the way. We believe that investors should be able to align values with financial goals—and that with Seeds, financial advisors have the power (and opportunity) to make that a reality. The company was started by financial advisors who saw a need in their own business and across the financial services industry.
Seeds is looking for a Chief Technology Officer to join our leadership team and be part of a growing company. Ideal candidates are proactive, innovative, business results-oriented, and can work and lead in both a small team and at scale. While technical development skills are important, ideal candidates are product-focused, with clear vision for innovation within the user experience. The CTO will be responsible for the areas outlined below.
Goals in Role:
- Lead the technical product roadmap and innovation for client-facing platform, back-end trade operations, and investment management functionality.
- Manage full-time and third-party development team to build product based on strategic vision.
- Set and execute technical project plan for integration of platforms, vendors, client, and custodian, including data feed integration and function of multiple interfaces.
COMMUNICATION & BUSINESS
- Translate business vision into digestible blueprints for the technical team to build efficiently.
- Evolve & further automate the investment management process, working with the Head of Investments.
- Partner with the Seeds leadership team to create platform vision and lead strategic initiatives.
- Build process efficiencies for the team (e.g. streamline reporting).
- PLATFORM SUPPORT
- Assist with client inquiries for support on technical aspects of the product.
- When needed, tactical fixes on the platform with code or back-end technologies.
- Oversee the technical aspects of the website and growth marketing tools if needed.
Helpful background for success in role:
- High energy and driven team player with 10+ years’ experience in working in technology, preferably with financial and wealth management industry experience.
- Passion for sustainable investing and the company’s mission to empower investors to align wealth with values.
- Experience at different-sized companies (including large corporates & start-ups) preferred.
- Communicates well and can translate between the business priorities and various technical functions (e.g. back-end engineer) to build vision into the platform for clients.
- Proven track record of leading the development of products in line with business strategic goals.
- Familiar with coding languages, APIs, and website applications (Python, Webflow, Django)
- Innovative, flexible, and client-focused mindset. Highly organized and execution-oriented.
- Eager to be involved in all aspects of building a high-growth start-up and working on a small team on all aspects of the business when needed.
- Innovative mindset, flexible to learn, lead and adapt business strategy over time.