About the job Program Coordinator
The Dr. Margaret Savage Crisis Centre (DMSCC) is looking for an experienced Program Coordinator to join their team. Founded in 1982, the DMSCC continues to grow to meet the needs of the Cold Lake and area. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team working towards providing excellent service to Clients and Community.
Working on the management team and reporting to the Assistant Director, the Program Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the DMSCC’s consistent achievement of its mission and organizational objectives. The Program Coordinator is responsible for supervising the day-to-day delivery of direct services for Emergency and Second Stage Shelter Clients while ensuring staff maintain a high standard of service and safety in accordance with program policy and procedures.
The successful candidate will oversee and provide support to Frontline, Second Stage, and Child Support teams, develop monthly schedules, ensuring proper coverage for all shifts, develop program progress reports in relation to program outcome expectations, and review and evaluate Client Service Plans. The Program Coordinator will grow and retain an engaged, trauma informed team committed to the common goal of preventing family violence. This position will also be responsible for providing monthly statistical reports to Assistant Director, approve timesheets, and review, approve petty cashes for replenishment.
- Registered Social Worker (Degree) or post-secondary education in a related field.
- 3 years of supervisory experience and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an emergency shelter or crisis intervention agency.
- Extensive experience in program development and delivery.
- Experience in client assessment, case planning and intervention.
- Proven leadership skills, with a focus on mentoring, supporting and motivating a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Standard First Aid/CPR, ASIST Certification, and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training is considered an asset.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Check.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license free from restrictions.
The position is a permanent full-time (40 hours/week) job opportunity. Compensation rates will be determined based on assessment of the successful candidate’s education, skills, and previous experience. This position is eligible for health benefits and pension contributions as defined by Board policy.
Recruitment supported by Lakeland HR Solutions