About the job Business Development Analyst
Our client is a private markets investment company with a diversified portfolio of sustainable and collateralized Private Equity strategies across EMEA, US and Asia. It currently has offices in Zug, Switzerland, Accra, Ghana and New York, USA.
We are looking for high-performing business development analyst to support content and client acquisition initiatives. Bringing knowledge or previous experience in private equity would be ideal but is not essential as a keen and demonstrated interest in learning more about this sector. In addition, you must be detail-oriented, able to hit the ground running, and comfortable working in a flexible and entrepreneurial work environment. The ideal candidate is interested in growing businesses through sharp execution, building and maintaining client relationship, takes initiative, has a tremendous work ethic, and a strong communication skills.
Key qualifications are summarized below;
• Strong academic credentials – Bachelor’s degree in Business Operations, Finance or Marketing, or other related fields is required.
A Master’s degree in Business Administration will be counted as a big plus
• Strong interpersonal skills and proficiency in clearly communicating corporate strategy
• Good negotiation and persuasion skills will come in handy
• Basic financial acumen including understanding of accounting principles, including financial statement preparation and business combinations
• Experience with a CRM system
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of business growth strategy and the risk/return characteristics of private equity investment opportunities
• Previous experience as a business development analyst in private equity, investment banking, equity research, asset management, accounting or consulting role preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills
Responsibilities and Duties
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Build and maintain a strong network of high net worth investors
• Analyze trends in the market and the company’s strategies to identify opportunities
• Report relevant findings from the strategies implementation, giving insight for improvements to senior management
• Provide ideas to add value to new products
• Analyze client behavior, anticipate market trends and develop solutions
• Perform competitor analysis to identify areas where the company can capture growth opportunities
• Analyze sales development and trends to promote ideas for sustained flow of revenue for the
• Identify and report profitable market business opportunities
• Research new suitable business partners to increase important partnerships within the industry
• Help to prepare new sales and marketing plan for existing and under developing products
• Assist in writing sales proposal
• Prospect new technologies to improve the company’s competitiveness, always keeping a step
ahead of the competition
• Provide updates on financial markets activities in order to properly position the company in the local and the global market
• Sourcing and liaising with fund managers, company managers, stock market traders, peers and service providers with a view to expanding funding access while improving market perception
• Prepare blogs and social media content.
• Conducting market research on the industry and gather market intelligence to enhance management of funds
• Maintain up to date information on the latest economic trend in the country, latest and any updates in the financial markets.
• Ensure that all investment compliance regulations are implemented and monitored.
Desired Qualities and Characteristics
• Team player – has the ability to work effectively with others and teams
• Entrepreneurial mindset – motivated by the opportunity to build a team and grow a market
• Highly relational – effective communication skills
• Culture/Worldview consistent with Green Eight’s values and priorities
• Strong emotional intelligence and maturity
• Energy and enthusiasm
• Results driven – expects to be judged on investment performance as well as quantity and quality of sourcing
• Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards
• Competitive salary
• Significant bonus opportunity
• Generous healthcare (medical, dental, vision), 401k match/profit sharing, life and disability