About the job Court Clerk
The primary function of the law clerk at the firm will be to ensure the seamless execution of administrative and legal tasks by assisting lawyers in the execution of their administrative functions and responsibilities to clients.
The court clerk will help maintain the offices by performing a range of clerical and administrative duties by managing a variety of day-to-day tasks including filing, data processing, sorting mail etc. The successful candidate will be skilled at multi-tasking, exceptional communication time management and interpersonal skills.
· Attend the courts, regulatory bodies and offices in order to execute filings, searchers and updates on matters being handled by the firm.
· Keep a diary of tasks to be done and executed and execute office clerical duties as assigned.
· Record time for tasks executed on behalf the firm and its clients.
· Assist lawyers in the execution of their functions.
· Sort and arrange processes for filing in the various court registries.
· Update the calendars and / diaries of lawyers with regard to processes received and filed on behalf of the Firm.
· Execute duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
· Must be available to travel outside of Accra to in execution of assigned duties. This may sometimes be on short notice.
· Computer literate and with a proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
· Good communication and writing skills in English language.
· Must be able to drive and/ or ride a motorbike with a valid license.
· Good interpersonal skills.