About the job Agriculture Specialist Consultant
Our client is a UK based charity that uses research and evidence to help drive change within the society.
*THIS ROLE IS FOR A CONSULTANT AND IS REQUIRED BETWEEN JANUARY & FEBRUARY 2022*
The primary objective is to engage a large number of MSMEs (4,000 - 5,000) in the agriculture sector in Ghana that are owned by, operated by or employing youth (under 35 years of age) especially young women in order to understand their perspectives on the MSME agriculture landscape in Ghana, including challenges and opportunities, to inform ideas for how support from the Foundation and GEA could be improved to better match their needs.
The secondary objective is to test the viability of the organization as a communications and analysis platform for engaging large numbers of MSMEs and gathering insights from them in an efficient, mutually respectful and sustainable manner.
The Consultant is required to use mixed methods social research experience in order to:
1) support the implementation of a large scale survey over SMS to agric MSMEs,
2) conduct in-depth conversations over SMS with a number of small agric businesses and young entrepreneurs, and
3) deliver an insights report of findings arising from this study.
Duration of Assignment
The Agriculture Specialist Consultant will work 3-4 days a week, during the period of 5th January, 2022 to 28th February 2022 (total of 22 days). The in-depth discussion period with MSMEs might require working a few hours during the weekend.
Upon satisfactory completion of deliverables as stated above, the Agriculture Specialist Consultant will be paid negotiated 3000 - 4,000 USD.
Qualifications and Experience
- A master’s degree in agriculture or a related degree
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Four years experience in social research and mixed methods data analysis
- Evidence of written analytical reports and studies conducted in the area