About the job Chief Operating Officer
The client is an Africa-focused financial services provider.
The Group COO – Ghana, is responsible for promoting and projecting the vision and values of the Ghana based businesses. This individual is expected to work with the Group’s Executive Management Team and a team of highly skilled Managers to create and deliver the Group’s strategic and operational plans.
While delivering the plans, the Group COO – Ghana must demonstrate proactivity, efficiency, and effectiveness in terms of managing finance, developing team members and services further to drive the growth of the business.
The primary function of this role is to develop and execute:
- Business plans
- HR Strategy, succession plan and training matrix
- Operational delivery profiles
- Sale’s strategy and plans for the long-term future of the Group.
- Branding and Marketing strategies
- Corporate Governance, Compliance and Risk Management
- Customer Experience and Quality Assurance
- LeadandcoordinatetheGhanaianGroupExecutiveManagementindevelopinganddirectingstrategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the various entities.
- Develop strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the Board of the Ghanaian Group.
- Maintain an on-going, transparent dialogue with the GroupCEO–Ghana, to ensure the Group CEO is kept abreast of exceptions that will impact the business.
- Lead on the execution and further development of the shared vision and mission for the Ghanaian operations.
- Ensure appropriate operational planning and quality assurance control systems are in place and complied with.
- Ensure appropriate financial planning with control systems are in place and complied with.
- Assume full accountability of all the operational initiatives and activities as it relates to the Ghanaian
- Be the driving force in identifying and developing new opportunities to sustain growth.
- Make provision for the development and management of the organization’s technological infrastructure and information systems.
- ProvidestrategicadviceandguidancetotheExecutiveManagementteamandmembersoftheBoard, to keep them aware of developments within the industry and to ensure that the appropriate policies and procedures are developed to meet the company's mission and objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations.
- Develop and maintain research and development programs to ensure the Company remains at the forefront in the markets we operate in
- Developandapplythemostcosteffectivemethodsandapproaches,whilstprovidingaleadingedge, unique service which ensures the Group remains competitive.
- Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote our products and services to a wider market specific audience.
- Ensure that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by management and all other employees.
- Maintain and create highly structured processes, systems and recommendations with a data-driven approach.
- Successfully implement the Group’s policies and procedures
- Build and maintain an effective Management team.
- Closely monitor the operating and financial results against plans and budgets taking remedial action
where necessary and informing the Board of significant changes
- Maintain the operational performance of the Group.
- Represent Company to major customers and professional associations.
- Lead on the development and definition of policies
- Act as a role model and drive the continuous development of standards through the Compliance,
Strategy and Quality Improvement Plan
- Embed a mind-set of continuous improvement in all operational activities.
- Keep abreast of industry news and market forces that may have both an adverse and positive
influence on the Ghanaian businesses.
- Review and seek to influence the social, political, economic, technical, and legal factors within the
sector environment, identifying and responding to the needs and interests of the company's
- Drive and ensure the optimal digitization of the Group’s systems and processes reflecting positioning as a leading FINTECH.
- Manage the Executive Management team to ensure that the Company meets its obligations to
clients and other stakeholders.
- Develop and sustain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Act as a role model and drive the continuous development of Investors in People principles through
the Organizational Development Plan
- Lead, manage and motivate employees to deliver high performance results
- Actively promote equality and diversity in the workforce
- Oversee the recruitment, selection and development of the organization’s succession plan.
- Ensure that decisions taken by the Group’s Boards are disseminated and understood by relevant
- Ensure that the organizations are compliant with all regulatory and industry requirements, Health & Safety, Quality management and Data Protection requirements
- Ensurethattheappropriatestructures,systemsandprocessesareinplacetokeepTangerineabreast of industry policy, legislative changes/impact.
- Develop the organization to be an ethical business in all respects of its activities.
- At least an MBA from an accredited academic institution
- Professional qualification from a relevant recognized professional Association / Entity
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Executive Management, with extremely strong leadership components
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent leadership ability, organizational and
people management skills
- Outstanding Communication (Verbal & Written)
and Presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to changing and challenging
- Outstanding Creative Problem solving
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards
and high level of integrity.
About your expertise
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles including Human Capital Management, Finance, Strategy, Information Technology, Customer Service, Sales & Distribution, Business development, Marketing, Branding, Legal, Underwriting, Risk Management etc.
- Knowledge of industry rules and guidelines
- Proven experience in executive management capacity or as Head of Operations/Operations
Director or similar leadership role
- Working knowledge of data analysis and
performance/operation metrics with a strong project management skill