About the job Group Head Sales
The client is an Africa-focused financial services provider
The Group Head, Sales is responsible for driving the sales workforce in building and sustaining high-value business relationships across target sales segments of corporate/institutional clientele. The Group Head, Sales will define, articulate, and implement the organization’s strategy for selling products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Stakeholder Engagement: Actively cultivate relationships with relevant internal and external
Stakeholders (Clients, Brokers, Partners, Regulatory Bodies, Management Team and others) concerned, or affected by the company’s sales activities and results of the activities for the achievement of the company’s over-arching sales targets.
- General Management: Provide strategic oversight over the day-to-day operations of the overall sales function.
- Strategic Initiatives: Devise and drive the implementation of strategic initiatives that sustain/ improve the competitiveness and effectiveness of the products and services offered by the Group.
- Business Development: Lead the development of business prospects across the company’s entire customer spectrum, through the acquisition of new clientele and upselling of existing clientele. Set team sales goals and monitor progress by providing strategies and feedback for achievement of goals. Develop innovative and effective retention strategies of existing accounts capturing the entire ecosystem.
- Product Development: Support the development of new products, as well as the improvement of existing products, by providing knowledge of target markets/demographics based on first-hand knowledge of customer needs/desires, towards the result of the competitiveness and market dominance of the organization.
- Sales Reporting: Lead the preparation and presentation of marketing and sales performance reports for the executive committee, board, and shareholders.
- Drive Sales Workforce: Ensure the achievement of sales targets by all direct reporting functions, units, and personnel.
- People Management: develop effective people management practices that support the organization’s ability to achieve its corporate objectives through optimal resourcing, retention, and development of capable sales talents. Hold performance review meetings with staff members, offer individualized coaching, and generally foster a positive company culture
- Other Duties: All other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the CEO.
• At least an MBA from an accredited academic institution
Professional qualification from a relevant recognized professional Association
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Executive Management, with extremely strong leadership and sales components.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skill
- Excellent leadership, organizational and
people management skills
- Excellent Communication & Presentation
- Ability to adapt to changing and
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical
standards and high level of integrity.
- Intercultural Competence
- Strong stakeholder relationship skills
About your expertise
- Proven experience in executive management capacity or as Head/Director of Sales or a similar leadership role
- Knowledge of industry rules and guidelines and established network with key regulators
- Working knowledge of data analysis, sales performance reports/metrics with a strong project management background
- Extensive, dedicated sales experience
- Strong understanding of the digital financial services market as it relates to insurance and
- Experience developing successful sales
strategies across multiple geographies
- Detailed understanding of the global market demand and customer purchasing behaviour
- In-depth product development knowledge
- Experience leveraging innovations to
- Proven track record for Lead Generation