Job Openings Plumber
About the job Plumber
- JOB DESCRIPTION:
Install, repair and maintain a variety of plumbing and piping, and pumping systems and equipment.
- Trace and identify causes of plumbing and piping system leaks or malfunctions and restore to approved operating standards.
- Plan and modify plumbing and piping systems.
- Read, interpret and work from blueprints, schematic diagrams, plans and specifications.
- Estimate materials and costs of plumbing and piping systems installations and repairs.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
- Supervise workers assigned to assist.
- Lift and move a variety of objects weighing up to 90 pounds, such as bags of cement and pumps.
- Lift and move items such as pumps weighing up to 40 pounds overhead.
- Perform tasks that require strength such as working a large roto-rooter machine, and moving pumps.
- Perform tasks that require manual dexterity, such as repairing valves.
- Perform tasks that require balance and flexibility such as crawling along narrow beams in an attic to access plumbing.
- Discern color in order to work on electrical wiring and color-coded valves.
- Distinguish sounds to determine leaks in water lines or problems in motors.
- Put on, wear and use a self-contained breathing apparatus may be required.
Not more than 40 years old
High School or Vocational / Trade School Graduate