Job Openings Operational Team Leader-Custodial
About the job Operational Team Leader-Custodial
- manages teams, encouraging cooperation, productivity, and teamwork. Operations team leaders foster team unity and enhance the daily efficiency of the companies or any business establishment.
- coordinate the routine schedules of the maintenance technicians involved in one or more craft specialties while performing work in one or more of the skilled trades. General Responsibilities:
- Serves as a working lead coordinating activities of service employees engaged in cleaning and/ or light maintenance of smaller less complex facilities of commercial, health care facility, school, residence hall, or other establishments.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Orients and trains employees.
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service, and problem resolution.
- Performs cleaning and/or light maintenance assignments in addition to lead duties.
- Document all work in the CMMS system.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Performs oversight of subcontractors to ensure the Service Levels are met and all work is performed under the proper safety guidelines and appropriate license are reviewed.
- May perform daily oversight/supervision of the Grounds or Cleaning Services.
- May perform Supervisor responsibilities in absence of the Supervisor of Facilities.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in accordance with Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1 or more years of related work experience.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.