About the job Technical Architect (Back End) / Heath Tech
We are recruiting on behalf of one of the prominent Health Tech company that is looking for Technical Architect (Back End) position.
Technical Architects are technical leaders who are responsible for driving technology & engineering good practices. We are a growing rapidly & constantly improving organisation. We seek very high levels of ownership in all individuals, especially roles like this - ownership of systems and their impact on the entire eco-system. Going beyond your role & contributing to making the organisation & business better is an expectation.
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Partner with business, product, and engineering leaders to define technology architecture. Be comfortable working directly with Directors in ensuring the overall success of the projects and initiatives.
· Review solution designs to determine their technical viability; ensure their relevance to the business goals
· Define and influence technology roadmap. Help teams to deliver robust solutions consistently and guide engineering teams toward a common methodology/standardization.
· Experiment/Champion the adoption of the latest and relevant technology trends.
· Participating in code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions.
· Being responsible for Scaling, Performance & Quality for the team.
· Setting up best practices to help the team achieve the above, constantly thinking about improving the technology use and driving engineering excellence within the teams are your responsibilities.
· Driving the adoption of these best practices around coding, design, quality, performance in your team.
· At least 12+ years of experience in software development and architecture.
· Self-driven, comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, highly ambiguous start-up environment with a passion for user experience
· Demonstrated experience with internet-scale cloud-based distributed systems development (end to end), Microservices (JAVA/GO), large databases(RDBMS/NoSQL), and high-volume/high-performance websites and web services
· Demonstrated experience in one or more cloud platforms (AWS must, GCP nice to have). Have deep knowledge of advanced technologies such as Serverless, ServiceMesh, Message Bus, etc.
· Good knowledge of new frameworks, platform trends in the space of distributed systems, (Incl. Kubernetes, Dockers, Kafka)
· Able to solve complex, multi-dimensional problems and deal comfortably with abstraction/fuzzy problems resulting in a robust, highly-scalable, and well-architected solution.
· Must have excellent fire-fighting skills during outages, while maintaining a calm and composed posture.
· Metrics-driven and obsessed with NFRs (Performance, security, et.al) and recommending/developing toolsets for the same.
· Be the technical face in representing the company to the outside world via blogs, presenting in forums/industry events, etc.
· Must have excellent communications, presentation and interpersonal skills (Must be a team player)
· Excellent mentoring skills - Be the technical mentor to your team(s).
· Contribute to the overall hiring process of the company in enabling the hiring of best technical talent and maintain the highest standards for technical hiring.
· Prior experience working with startups which scaled rapidly would be a plus.