About the job Buying & Sourcing Senior Manager
Luxclusif is a preowned luxury fashion tech company, that enables brands and retailers to buy & sell used goods through innovation and technology. We have developed a unique Resale as a Service solution utilized by the worlds largest retailers, and are also a global distributor (B2B player) of pre-owned luxury fashion for businesses. We currently have offices and warehouses in Portugal, Estonia, US, China, Japan, and the Philippines.
In December 2021, Luxclusif became part of the FARFETCH Group family of companies, which will help guide evolution and growth in this next chapter of our journey. Luxclusif upholds transparency, excellence, ambition, motivation and teamwork as its core values.
We foster curiosity, by continuously providing our team members with avenues to explore, experiment, innovate and disrupt the current luxury resale model in a nutshell, that is our essence.
Tech resale, circular economy & sustainability all in one.
As Buying & Sourcing Senior Manager, you will be supervising Buying Team and Supplier Performance. You will be setting operational objectives, establishing work plans to achieve them, and spearheading their successful implementation.
Your mission will be to ensure company vision and targets are translated into Sourcing and Buying strategies, ways of working, and objectives.
Merchandise team is responsible for the intake of all new merchandise into the company. Our merchandise and buying decisions have a huge company-wide effect and are fundamental for company success. The Merchandise team structure is combined by both Filipino, Portuguese and Chinese members and we do interact a lot with Japan market as well.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Establishing and assuring adherence to budgets, operational KPI's and related OKR's, leaning towards Operational Excellence;
- Supplier Performance: ensure the operational success of partners, providing a smooth and easy onboarding, process implementation and training. You will be also responsible for guaranteeing the growth plan for existing suppliers, making sure the Account Managers assess and capture opportunities for operational expansion and supporting its implementation. Ensures regular feedback, boosting maximum operational efficiency, by providing timely and relevant metrics, monitoring, and valuable business insights, including anticipating and preparing for new challenges.
- Buying: you and the team will be responsible for strategizing, planning, and making the buying decisions for all Luxclusif sales channels. Using an analytical mindset with a fashion focus, analyzing customer data, consumer trends, and the company budget, the buying team is responsible for stock selection, deciding on the mix of brands to buy from, how much of each item to buy, and the best price for each item to be competitive, ensuring profit whilst fostering sell through rate.
- Cross-functional alignment: regular interaction with other senior management or heads, on issues that require the involvement of other functional areas to meet company and department goals. All initiatives should contribute to the achievement of company targets, namely sales revenue, stock rotation, and profitability.
- Your role also demands in-depth knowledge and deep analysis of business situations and processes, and promoting a constant seeking for growth and improvement.
- Business to Scale - support initiatives for Sales or revenue growth, from a Merchandise and Buying point of view. Instigate a sales mindset within the team, looking for opportunities to support changes in demand.
- Team to Scale - ensure we have enough and qualified resources to sustain company growth; you will be responsible for more than 20 people (direct and indirect reports)
- Process to Scale - create a positive environment for change and continuous improvement, proposing areas to improve and ensuring priority projects are implemented.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 5+ years of proven experience in Procurement, Buying and/or Category Management (mandatory), preferably in fashion retail or luxury industry;
- Fully experienced in managing teams, and strong skills in managing internal and external stakeholders;
- International and open-minded attitude, being ready to work in a multicultural and inclusive environment; Fluent in English - both written and verbal (mandatory);
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, respond with a sense of urgency and understand deadlines;
- Have strong communication skills: well-constructed emails, PowerPoint presentations, reports.