About the job Business Development Manager
Luxclusif is a preowned luxury fashion tech company, that enables brands and retailers to buy & sell used goods through innovation and technology. We have developed a unique Resale as a Service solution utilized by the world’s largest retailers, and are also a global distributor (B2B player) of pre-owned luxury fashion for businesses. We currently have offices and warehouses in Portugal, Estonia, US, China, Japan, and the Philippines.
In December 2021, Luxclusif became part of the FARFETCH Group family of companies, which will help guide evolution and growth in this next chapter of our journey. Luxclusif upholds transparency, excellence, ambition, motivation and teamwork as its core values.
We foster curiosity, by continuously providing our team members with avenues to explore, experiment, innovate and disrupt the current luxury resale model – in a nutshell, that is our essence.
Tech resale, circular economy & sustainability – all in one.
About the Team
The Merchandising Department has three main verticals: Buying Team, Project Management Team, and Merchandising Team. Within the department, you will be working with the Buying and Project Management Team. Both teams are responsible for acquiring items and making sure that shipments and fulfilled in a timely manner, and ensuring that Inbound process follows optimally through coordination and alignment with the Operations team.
About the Role
Under the Strategic and expansion branch, you will be responsible to build growth foundations by ensuring a sustainable supply network for Japan market. We expect you to know how to source, onboard, and handle suppliers while supervising country operations.
SUPPLY NETWORK EXPANSION
- Conduct market prospection to generate leads and define priority partnerships.
- Contact most relevant leads and engage in business negotiations.
- Draft and present Luxclusif business proposal/agreement.
- Assisted by Japan Lead Buyer, onboard new suppliers to the company ensuring all steps of the process.
- Assisted by Warehouse Manager, ensuring operations are set and ready for new suppliers.
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Devise new acquisition strategies and models.
- Adapt and build commercial models for each supplier to maximize stock inbound and revenue assurance for the company.
- Identify business opportunities and solve sales & margin risks for overall inventory.
- Together with Japan Account Manager, conduct quarterly and/or annually performance revisions.
- Create and follow up an Optimization Roadmap containing actions for supplier SLA’s improvement and growth.
- Continuous Improvement for processes and tools (e.g. Supplier Scorecard).
- Support Buying team by enabling Supplier Growth.
You have experience in retail business (eCommerce and/or luxury background is a plus), new business development (if related with procurement and sourcing is a plus). You have also worked with different markets and cultures (US, China and/or Europe are a plus). Pitch and analytical skills are also needed for the business proposals. Experience with Project Management and/or teams management also required. Your English and Japanese skills are amazing.
- Technical Credibility;
- Strategic Decision Making;
- Business Knowledge;
- Detail Orientation;
- Problem Solving.