About the job Finance Supervisor (Controllership)
Luxclusif is a preowned luxury fashion tech company, that enables brands and retailers to buy & sell used goods through innovation and technology. We have developed a unique Resale as a Service solution utilized by the worlds largest retailers, and are also a global distributor (B2B player) of pre-owned luxury fashion for businesses. We currently have offices and warehouses in Portugal, Estonia, US, China, Japan, and the Philippines.
In December 2021, Luxclusif became part of the FARFETCH Group family of companies, which will help guide evolution and growth in this next chapter of our journey. Luxclusif upholds transparency, excellence, ambition, motivation and teamwork as its core values.
We foster curiosity, by continuously providing our team members with avenues to explore, experiment, innovate and disrupt the current luxury resale model in a nutshell, that is our essence.
Tech resale, circular economy & sustainability all in one.
The Finance Supervisor will be focused on establishing proper controllership on both inventory acquisition and operations cost. The finance supervisor will be tasked to establish processes to implement financial controls on inventory purchases and validation on operational costs and connect with the accounting team to properly reflect the financial transactions. This role will work closely with the Operations and Merchandising department to develop a working relationship and to support these departments to better control its financial results and spending through inventory and cost analysis.
The Finance team is responsible for maintaining the financial health of the company while supporting the business operations to grow and manage risks. The functions of the team encompass the following:
- Finance Operations
- Finance Reporting and Tax Compliance
- ̉ Finance Transformation and Controllership
- Financial Planning and Analysis
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Financial Statements Preparation: You will be tasked with preparing historical financial statements, accounting schedules, and financial documentation to support the external financial audits.
- Inventory Controllership: You will be performing monthly inventory roll-forward reconciliation and analysis of inventory movements, while performing regular validation of payments on stock acquisitions to ensure accurate and appropriate recording of transactions. You will also prepare a weekly reconciliation (3-way match) of purchase orders against inventory receipts and compare it with actual payments and refunds.
- Cost Controllership: You will collaborate with the Operations team to understand and deconstruct cost structures and create a cost matrix to improve cost controllership in operations. You will be working with the accounting team to setup an accurate accrual process to support the month-end closing and reporting. You will be reviewing actual cost spend versus accrual and to validate accuracy of charges as well as develop a more robust accrual process
- Ad-hoc support: You will be working with the merchandising and operations teams to support ad-hoc analysis in terms of cost and inventory acquisitions.
WHO YOU ARE
Minimum 5+ years of experience in Finance and Accounting;
- 2+ years of experience supervising finance teams either in accounting or finance functions;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in both technical and non-technical contexts;
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
- The ability to process large amounts of numerical data;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting software;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong management and leadership skills;
- Must be comfortable working in cross-functional teams;
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) accreditation is required, while MBA is a plus;
- Internal audit or external financial audit background is a plus.