About the job Head of New Business
Luxclusif is a fashion tech company that enables brands and retailers to buy & sell preowned goods through innovation and technology. We are the main global distributor (B2B player) of pre-owned luxury fashion for businesses, with offices and warehouses in Portugal, Estonia, the US, China, Japan, and the Philippines.
For the last seven years, our multinational team embraced challenges together, operating as a single unit every step of the way. As a result, we solidified our market position with triple digits % growth in 2020, and are set yet to a faster pace in 2021.
Luxclusif upholds transparency, excellence, ambition, and motivation. We foster curiosity by continuously providing our team members with avenues to explore, experiment, innovate and disrupt the current luxury resale model – in a nutshell, that is our essence.
Tech resale, circular economy & sustainability – all in one.
Are you ready to join us?
About the Team
The Business Development (BD) Unit is responsible for global customer development and management. Delivers growth by creating strategies and executing sales plans to respond to challenges and opportunities in existing and new clients across all market channels: marketplaces, retailers online and offline. Our main customers are a reference in the resale industry (ie. The Real Real, Vestiaire Collective, Reebonz, Farfetch, etc).
About The Role
The executive mandate for the Head of New Business is the continuous expansion of company reach through the onboarding of new markets and new channels. You must build and manage the New Business Team and are responsible for closing and bringing in high potential and high-value customers in line with the company’s overall commercial objectives.
The strategic component of the role will require you to determine and identify a go-to-market strategy that is in line with the sale opportunities in the external market that best coincide with the company’s product offering.
As Head of New Business, you are directly responsible for the overall management of the client acquisition pipeline and all corresponding metrics tied to funnel management.
Work with key stakeholders to build the tools and optimize the onboarding process with respect to 5 key stages of the funnel:
1. Lead generation and qualification - Prioritize pipeline based on revenue potential and company targets and objectives.
2. Business alignment set up - Determine the best and most appropriate business model to adopt for incoming clients based on both the company’s objectives and the strategic value we are able to provide to the new partner.
3. Closing and final negotiations - Lock in commercial terms and SLA’s with a signed and written contract with each new client.
4. Launch and testing - Scope and define a testing and onboarding plan for each client and coordinate the execution cross-functionally across the various departments.
5. Post-mortem and turnover to Accounts and Channel Management Team - Segregate good vs. bad bets based on client performance and results at the end of the testing period. Good bets are transitioned to the Account Management Team for optimization and long-term growth. Deliver a post mortem and error analysis for bad bets and decide on the appropriate next steps.
Weekly reporting of progress on numbers, metrics, and planned initiatives directly to the Head of Strategy and Sales. Mentor and coach direct reporting lines to ensure skills augmentation and high performance.
You are graduated with a business degree with 7-10 years of functional experience in sales. You have experience in B2B sales industries having the fashion and luxury sectors as experience would be a big plus. You have amazing communication skills, you're English is stunning. The ability to speak and write in conversational Portuguese, Chinese, and/or Italian would be a big plus.
- Partnership Development
- Successful Development of Team
- People Development
- Technical Credibility
- Social Intelligence
- Planning & Organizing