About the job Lead Buyer
Luxclusif is a fashion tech company that enables brands and retailers to buy & sell preowned goods through innovation and technology. We are the main global distributor (B2B player) of pre-owned luxury fashion for businesses, with offices and warehouses in Portugal, Estonia, US, China, Japan and the Philippines.
For the last seven years, our multinational team embraced challenges together, operating as a single unit every step of the way. As a result we solidified our market position with triple digits % growth in 2020, and are set yet to a faster pace in 2021.
Luxclusif upholds transparency, excellence, ambition and motivation. We foster curiosity by continuously providing our team members with avenues to explore, experiment, innovate and disrupt the current luxury resale model – in a nutshell, that is our essence.
Tech resale, circular economy & sustainability – all in one.
Are you ready to join us?
About the Team
The Lead Buyer will supervise the regional buyers team and work towards maximizing sales of the overseen suppliers.
As a Lead Buyer you’ll have 3 main focus areas and your functions are described below.
Procurement & Buying:
- Contribute to budget preparation and forecast with your supplier insights
- Employ actions to 100% achievement of the weekly buying budget
- Ensure that products being bought are relevant and saleable, basing buying decisions on data analysis & trend forecasting.
- Put into practice an effective pricing strategy while ensuring profit margins.
- Expedite the delivery and processing of all items purchased with the Operations/logistics team.
- Ensure continuous in-flow of stock through: overseeing suppliers performance, maintaining a sustainable relationship with them and procuring new partnerships within your region.
- Monitor team's progress and productivity
- Generate a learning environment and establish individual development plans.
- Identify best practices and promote them,
- Initiate or engage projects leading to process optimization.
You are graduated in Management/Business (or similar) and you have worked as a Buyer or Merchandiser (at least 2/3 years). You love fashion, know all about trends and luxury brands paired with strong analytical skills to enhance your decision-making. Previous team leadership and project management are nice to have. Experience in fashion retail or eCommerce companies is preferred and English + Japanese fluency is mandatory.
- People development
- Risk Assumption
- Critical Thinking
- Planning & Organization