About the job Senior PLC Programmer
You will be based at our Ballito office. Ballito is vibrant coastal holiday town located 15 min from the airport. Ballito has a growing community of young professionals. It also boasts beautiful beaches, year-round great weather, and proximity to some of the best hiking trails and nature reserves KZN has to offer.
Macrotec is a fast-growing company that designs and manufactures high temperature process equipment and process plants. We specialise in incineration and recovery of heat from waste sources.
You will receive training on combustion and heat transfer processes to aid you in designing appropriate control systems along with the Design Department. You may be required to periodically travel outside of South Africa for short periods.
- Working closely with both the Design and Manufacturing Departments to develop optimal control solutions for plants and machines. This includes both the selection of propriate hardware and programming the software.
- Typical components to be controlled include fans, pumps, actuators, hydraulic cylinders, burners etc.
- Typical instrumentation/sensors include, pressure sensors, flow meters, thermocouples, emission monitoring units.
- Design, develop, program, maintain, document, troubleshoot, and debug PLC and HMI software.
- Inspect equipment and notify management and or Engineering of any hazards or defects.
- Conduct and or Supervise installation and maintenance on-site.
- Ability to read electrical diagrams.
- Ability to read logic diagrams.
- Ability to read Process & Instrumentation drawings (P&IDs).
- 3-5 years of PLC/HMI programming experience (LS IS and/or Siemens will be beneficial).
- Strong electrical & mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of VFDs, servos and common system interfaces.
- Knowledge of common industrial networks (EtherNet/IP, Profinet, Modbus).
- Knowledge of networking equipment (Routers, gateways).
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
- Team player who can adapt well to engineering standards.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Electronics or Mechatronics qualification.