About the job Mechanical Draughtsperson
The Draughtsman is responsible for taking concepts or processes that have been proposed by the customer / design department / sales team and developing it into a full 3D concept and workable solution. Our company's work is focused mainly on design and manufacturing of incinerators and incineration plants, as well as all associated heat recovery and filtration equipment. Please note that any industry specific background knowledge required will be provided through training.
The role will entail the following:
- Designing and draughting the equipment that is used in the above-mentioned applications. This will require a design to be drawn from concept or modify existing designs. Drawings will consist of a complete 3D model, set of manufacturing drawings, including, General Arrangement, Plant layouts, Laser Cutting, etc.
- Drawing pipework and ancillary items to tie process equipment together. These items make up a large portion of a project and the following are items that need to be considered, and implemented:
- Transportation: Cradles, Rigging methods, Container constraints, customer site constraints, truck layouts.
- Electrical: Electrical panel placement, cable runs, cable supports, lighting push buttons, motors, heating elements, instrumentation etc.
- Printing: Name plates, Decals, Hose collars, Tags.
- Documentation: All drawings are updated, and the final product matches the general arrangement drawings. For small manufactured systems, the Standard operating procedures or Functional Design specification must be complete.
- Drawing within the allowed budget time the project team has given and tracking time.
- Plan a full set of drawings. With the aid of the project planner, allocates deadlines to each, and is responsible for meeting all deadlines.
- At times it will be required to go to site and sketch up equipment and take a full set of dimensions. From that compile a full bill of quantity. It will also require customer interaction.
- Ensuring projects are filed logically and as per procedure during and after projects
- Ensuring drawing and standard component libraries are always kept neat and functional and design considerations are documented and filed into the correct project.
- Drawings are currently done in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.