About the job Staff Software Engineer (Latitud)
Join the early days of an organization advancing the tech startup ecosystem in Latin America!
At Latitud, we are focused on elevating the next generation of startups in Latin America. There is so much friction for startups and we truly believe that they are an incredible lever for economic progress and social mobility. We started as a community to help support founders and we have since evolved into a tech company that builds infrastructure to reduce friction for early stage startups so they can focus on their product and customers.
You could think of Latitud as the OS for startups in Latin America. So far, founders love us.
Latitud was created by Brian Requarth, who founded, scaled, and sold Viva Real for US$600M, Gina Gotthilf, who led growth at Duolingo from 3M to 200M users, and Yuri Danilchenko, who scaled product & engineering at Kaszek-backed Escale.
Latitud is at a very exciting moment, we just raised a $11.5M Seed led by a16z and NfX and another $1.5M from the community. This means we are growing and you will have the opportunity to contribute to the strategy and culture we build together.
You'll be joining Latitud as one of our first engineers and will help us build products for founders in Latin America from the ground up. We have openings in both the legal and financial product squads. We will assess which one you'd be a better fit for during the interview process.
- Define our architecture and tech stack as part of our 0 to 1 team
- Build legal and financial products that are fast, secure, and fault-tolerant
- Transform complex processes that take months into simple software experiences
- Design a modular architecture that will allow us to launch new countries quickly
- Work very closely with product to collaborate on our vision and strategy
- Help mentor and onboard new team members as we grow
- Help define and shape our engineering culture and principles
- An experienced software engineer. You have several years of experience building web or mobile applications. You have led major software engineering initiatives at the product or company level and enjoy mentoring junior engineers.
- A fast learner. We don't expect you to know everything about our domain and stack, but we need you to catch up quickly.
- Pragmatic. You fall in love with problems, not solutions. Your biased towards getting feedback quickly by shipping things to production for real users and measuring the impact of your changes. You prioritize outcomes over process.
- Passionate about accessibility, diversity, and inclusion. Latitud is not a good fit for you if you are uncomfortable or annoyed by these topics.
- Interested in being involved with the startup community. Startup founders in LATAM are our primary persona and you're either interested in working with them or want to join their ranks in a few years.
- Fluent in computer science concepts and applying them to practical problems
- Knowledgeable in modern programming languages (e.g. TypeScript, Golang, Python, Elixir, etc.) and database systems
- Experienced in building reliable, scalable, and fault-tolerant distributed systems on cloud infrastructure like AWS
- Very familiar with continuous integration, automated deployment, and testing
- Deeply engaged with agile principles and their practical applications
- Experience with fintech or regulated products
- Passionate about functional programming
- Previously worked at early-stage startups
You'll love working with us if you want to...
- Learn from the best minds in the ecosystem (entrepreneurs, VCs, and operators at top startups).
- Make a memorable difference in the trajectory of the next generation of world-class tech companies coming out of Latin America.
- Be part of a mission-driven organization from its very early days, helping shape its future significantly.
- Thrive in a flexible, innovation-focused environment that welcomes new ideas and tools.
- Work alongside well-connected industry thought leaders.
- Be part of an awesome team. Our small team is A+ :)
You will not love working with us if you want to...
- Work at an established, process-oriented, 9-5 company with a well-defined role.
- Find problems but not jump to help solve them.
- Have a very clear career ladder at your next job rather than help build it.
- Work from anywhere (100% remote)
- Generous equity
- Health insurance covered 100% (including dependents)
- Monthly Co-working allowance or annual Home Office bonus
- Generous parental leave and paid vacation
- Two international team trips per year on us!