About the job Information Security Specialist
Join the early days of an organization advancing the tech startup ecosystem in Latin America! At Latitud, we are focused on elevating the next generation of startups in Latin America. There is so much friction for startups and we truly believe that they are an incredible lever for economic progress and social mobility. We started as a community to help support founders and we have since evolved into a tech company that builds infrastructure to reduce friction for early stage startups so they can focus on their product and customers.
You could think of Latitud as the OS for startups in Latin America. So far, founders love us. Heres what they have to say.
Latitud was created by Brian Requarth, who founded, scaled and sold Viva Real for US$600M, Gina Gotthilf, who led growth at Duolingo from 3M to 200M users, and Yuri Danilchenko, who scaled product & engineering at Kaszek-backed Escale.
Latitud is at a very exciting moment we just raised a $11.5M Seed led by a16z and NfX and another $1.5M from the community. This means we are growing and you will have the opportunity to contribute to the strategy and culture we build together.
Youll be joining Latitud as one of our first information security team members and help us safeguard the company infrastructure and information across our organization.
- Manage infrastructure help desk with external or internal team
- Manage access to tools and services, especially during onboarding/offboarding
- Implement and manage SSO + 2FA across the organization
- Manage company devices to enforce HD encryption, domain policies, antivirus, etc.
- Define equipment specs by department and manage it in a remote setting
- Managing security consultants and audits (pen tests, SOC2 Type 2, etc.)
- Perform company-wide security and privacy training
- Ensure compliance with privacy laws in countries we operate
- Manage VPN, firewall rules and WAF
- Ensure best privacy practices on information shared internally & externally
- Ensure encryption on our databases, networks and document storage
- Collaborate on writing security and compliance policies for our fintech products
- Adaptable and not afraid to get your hands dirty: As we venture into new geographies, we will stumble into problems we haven't figured out before. Youll help us make the show go on
- Process-oriented and attentive to detail: Go is an operationally complex product with potentially devastating consequences if we make mistakes. To ensure consistent high-quality delivery, nerding out over the tiniest details and excelling at structuring processes must be second nature to you
- Tech-savvy and a no-code wizard: You can build automations with your hands behind your back. Previous experience with Make, Hubspot Workflows and ClickUp automations are a strong plus.
- Experienced in working in fast-paced environments
- Passionate about helping the next generation of LATAM entrepreneurs and builders
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish. Fluency in Portuguese is a plus
- Our ideal candidate is someone who is a woman or person of color, based in spanish-speaking LatAm that worked in operations of a regulated product.
- If you are not filling in all requirements, but you have the potential to be, please don't hold back in applying.
- Knowledgeable in setting up and managing computer networking
- Effective verbal and written communicator across the organization
- Knowledgeable in setting up and managing security tools, such as firewalls, VPN, etc.
- Experienced with implementing privacy laws compliance, such as LGPD
- Familiar with managing external security consultants and audits
- Capable to respond to cyberattacks in real-time
- Strong collaboration with engineering teams on cloud and application security
- Automation of security controls with scripting languages, like Python
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code, e.g. Terraform, Pulumi
- Management of secure code reviews with third-party auditors
- Experience with fintech or regulated products
- Previously worked at early-stage startups
Why Latitud? Youll love working with us if you want to...
- Work with a world-class, small, senior team
- Learn from the best minds in the ecosystem (entrepreneurs, VCs and operators at top startups)
- Make a memorable difference in the trajectory of the next generation of world-class tech companies coming out of Latin America.
- Be part of a mission-driven organization from its very early days, helping shape its future significantly.
- Thrive in a flexible, innovation-focused environment that welcomes new ideas and tools.
- Work alongside well-connected industry thought leaders.
Why not Latitud? You will not love working with us if you want to...
- Work at an established, process-oriented, 9-5 company with a well-defined role.
- Find problems but not jump to help solve them.
- Have a very clear career ladder at your next job rather than help build it.
- Avoid conversations about diversity. We are very pro-diversity and often brainstorm ways to improve it in our team and the startup ecosystem. If talking about gender, race, etc. makes you uncomfortable or annoyed, this is not a great place for you.
- Work from anywhere (100% remote)
- Generous equity
- Health insurance covered 100% (including dependents)
- Yearly co-working allowance or annual home office bonus
- Unlimited PTO Policy with fair guidelines for leaves (paternity, maternity, sickness, etc)
- Offsite team trips on us!