About the job Sr Fullstack Engineer (Prima)
Connecting LatAm SME manufacturers with the world
What were doing:
Prima is a global manufacturing network, connecting suppliers across Latin America to a global customer base. Today, hundreds of thousands of small factories across Latin America have significant excess capacity with unmet demand. At the same time, companies across the world are struggling with their supply chains and are in constant need of a more diversified supplier base.
Our mission is to revolutionize manufacturing by maximizing value, quality, transparency, and efficiency. Primas technology enables buyers to efficiently source on-demand manufactured parts and assemblies, and empowers sellers of manufacturing services to grow their businesses.
Who we are:
We are a small but mighty team with expertise in technology and manufacturing. Our company is distributed across Latin America and the US. We are backed by Tier 1 investors and partnered with some of the world's leading manufacturing companies.
What you'll do:
As one of our first Fullstack Engineers, you will have the unique opportunity to help us design, build and ship all our initial technical infrastructure. At a high level you will:
- Be highly involved in prototyping, developing, and releasing functionalities on the platform
- Build upon all aspects of the platform, from the front-end to back-end and infrastructure having a sweeping impact on how we scale and prioritize functionality in line with requirements from the business and partners
- Help inform and configure integrations with external sources (e.g. payments, logistics providers, chats, etc.)
- Work closely with other software engineers to keep and upgrade quality bar on our code
- Monitor any key metric at Feature, Application and/or Infrastructure level
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders across the company in both Mexico City and San Francisco
Who you are:
You will be working with a small team and thus need to have a strong sense of ownership and a "whatever it takes" attitude towards getting stuff done quickly. You have a strong growth mindset, unwavering grit, and an appetite for being constantly pushed beyond your comfort zone. You have:
- Experience with ReactJS / NodeJS / Typescript / AWS / GraphQL
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Familiarity with full development cycle, from defining requirements and selecting technologies to implementation and test. And definitely, pushing code to PROD!
- Played a key role in taking a new product or significant feature from conception through to release
- Ability to work in a fast-paced early startup environment and you enjoy working with a high degree of autonomy and solving challenging and loosely defined problems
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Comfortable and excited to work with a remote team.
Even if you don't meet all the qualifications, but are excited about the position, we'd love to meet you!