About the job Operational and Site-based BAA's
Medi Response has a vacancy for five Basic Ambulance Assistants (BAA) for our Johannesburg road operations and remote sites. We are looking for dynamic practitioners with urban road operations experience and/or site-based medical and fire rescue experience who demonstrate our core values of passion, expertise and quality.
As an operational BAA you will be responsible for responding to medical emergency callouts and attending to inter-facility patient transfers within a BLS scope of practice. You will be expected to provide emergency medical treatment and ongoing care to patients serviced by Medi Response. You will need to ensure diligent keeping of medical records, including records pertaining to patient assessment, treatment provided and drug/medication administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responding to emergency calls
- Handling BLS inter-facility transfers
- Assessing patients, providing emergency treatment and monitoring and making preliminary diagnoses
- Communicating effectively with Medi Response's clients, patients and other important stakeholders
SKILLS AND APTITUDES
- Independent decision-making ability.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office suite)
- Intrinsically motivated
- Patient and client focused mindset and excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic Ambulance Assistant certification/qualification
- CPG certifications up to date
- Active registration with HPCSA as a Basic Ambulance Assistant (BAA)
- Drivers licence with valid professional driving permit (PrDP - passenger)
- CPD compliant and in good standing with HPCSA