About the job Remote Site ALS Paramedic (Talent Pool)
Medi Response is in the final stages of setting up for several remote sites across Africa. Therefore, we're busy sourcing candidates for our Advanced Life Support provider talent pool in anticipation of various opportunities in the near future.
The upcoming opportunities all pertain to remote and industrial sites, which is why we are looking for suitably qualified and experienced ALS paramedics to join our team. If you are looking for a future opportunity in site-based medical services, we would love to hear from you!
As a remote site paramedic, you will be responsible for providing emergency medical treatment to patients on a remote or industrial site. Our clients operate across different industries ranging from petrochemical to mining.
While deployed on site, you will need to provide emergency medical and primary healthcare to patients, while ensuring diligent keeping of medical records (including records pertaining to patient assessment, treatment provided and drug/medication administration).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- responding to emergency incidents on the site
- attending to primary healthcare duties within site-specific treatment protocols
- assessing patients, providing emergency treatment and monitoring and making preliminary diagnoses
- overseeing patient transport and referral arrangements while continuing patient care in transit/ up to handover
- provide patient care in assigned medical facilities and/or on site
- communicating effectively with Medi Response's clients, patients and other important stakeholders
SKILLS AND APTITUDES
- Independent decision-making ability.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office suite)
- Intrinsically motivated
- Patient and client focused mindset and excellent interpersonal skills
- Graduate degree in emergency medical care/ paramedicine
- Current BLS-HCP, ACLS, ITLS certifications (preferred)
- BOISET, HEUT and HLO (desirable)
- Up to date with CPG certification (RSA)
- Valid passport
- Active registration with a recognised statutory body (e.g. HPCSA, HCPC etc.) as a paramedic or Emergency Care Practitioner
- Drivers licence
- Proof of vaccinations: Yellow Fever; Hepatitis; COVID-19; Meningitis; Tetanus
- Offshore experience a plus
- CPD compliant and in good standing with HPCSA (or related professional body)