About the job EMS Dispatcher (fixed-term contract of employment)
The purpose of this role is to manage emergency medical service resources across our road operations department. As an EMS dispatcher, you will primarily be involved in taking emergency and non-emergency calls from our clients. The role forms part of our Global Coordination Centre (GCC), but focuses mainly on local EMS, site and event medical operations within South Africa. The GCC team, inclusive of our EMS desk, is collectively responsible for efficiently and effectively resolving unique client problems for which there may or may not be a standard or straightforward solution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and coordinate EMS cases (medical - including both emergency and planned transport cases - and non-medical matters) according to internal standards/ procedures and client or site-specific requirements.
- Ensuring appropriate escalations to both client/s and/or management are performed promptly and appropriately as outlined in SOPs.
- Updating the CAD system and any billing control tools used within the company.
- Capture all appropriate and relevant details for billing and ordinary record keeping purposes.
- Handle enquiries and assist customers according to their specific needs and company processes.
- Maintain good working relationships with the customers and colleauges.
SKILLS AND APTITUDES
- Must have an above average level of computer literacy with specific proficiencies in Microsoft suite.
- Ability to work on a CAD system
- Able to deal with high pressure, conflicting demands and rapid change.
- Must enjoy challenges and have the ability to anticipate customer needs.
- Able to work with complex and challenging circumstances while utilising job resources to ensure problem resolution and client satisfaction.
- Certificate, diploma or degree in health sciences-related field (preferred).
- Active HPCSA registration or appropriate health sciences certificate/qualification (preferred).
Must have experience in a call centre environment (EMS and/or travel assistance and medical case management experience would be beneficial).