About the job Local site-based ILS (AEA/ECA) - KZN (Richards Bay)
Medi Response has a vacancy for an Intermediate Life Support provider (AEA/ECA) to be based at a local industrial site at one of our esteemed clients' campuses. We are looking for dynamic practitioners with EMS operational and basic primary health care experience who demonstrate our core values of passion, expertise and quality.
As a local site-based ILS provider, you will be responsible for responding to medical emergency incidents on the client's premises in Richards bay, KwaZulu-Natal. You will also be required to support the on-site clinic within an ILS scope of practice. When on duty, you will be expected to provide emergency medical treatment and ongoing care to patients on site. An important part of your responsibilities will include diligent keeping of medical records (including records pertaining to patient assessment, treatment provided and drug/medication administration).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responding to emergency calls
- Assessing patients, providing emergency treatment and monitoring and making preliminary diagnoses
- Communicating effectively with Medi Response's clients, patients and other important stakeholders
- Managing patients and patient records for the designated site clinic.
- Attending weekly health and safety meetings with the clients HSE team.
SKILLS AND APTITUDES
- Independent decision-making ability.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office suite)
- Intrinsically motivated
- Patient and client focused mindset and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ambulance Emergency Assistant/ Emergency Care Assistant certification/qualification
- Active registration with HPCSA as an Ambulance Emergency Assistant (AEA) or Emergency Care Assistant (ECA)
- Drivers license with valid professional driving permit (PrDP - passenger)
- CPD compliant and in good standing with HPCSA
- Able to work shifts