About the job Operational ILS (AEA/ECA)
Medi Response has a vacancy for an Intermediate Life Support provider (AEA/ECA) for our Johannesburg-based road operations. We are looking for dynamic practitioners with urban road operations experience who demonstrate our core values of passion, expertise and quality.
As an operational ILS provider, you will be responsible for responding to medical emergency call-outs and attending to inter-facility patient transfers within an ILS scope of practice. You will be expected to provide emergency medical treatment and ongoing care to patients serviced by Medi Response. You will need to ensure diligent keeping of medical records, including records pertaining to patient assessment, treatment provided and drug/medication administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responding to emergency calls
- Handling ILS inter-facility transfers
- Assessing patients, providing emergency treatment and monitoring and making preliminary diagnoses
- Communicating effectively with Medi Response's clients, patients and other important stakeholders
- Fulfil the role of a crew senior/leader, ensuring that colleagues are properly motivated and that basic on-duty tasks are done in prescribed timeframes.
SKILLS AND APTITUDES
- Independent decision-making ability.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office suite)
- Intrinsically motivated
- Patient and client focused mindset and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ambulance Emergency Assistant/ Emergency Care Assistant certification/qualification
- CPG certifications up to date
- Active registration with HPCSA as an Ambulance Emergency Assistant (AEA) or Emergency Care Assistant (ECA)
- Drivers licence with valid professional driving permit (PrDP - passenger)
- CPD compliant and in good standing with HPCSA