About the job Site-based ILS (AEA/ECA - fire & rescue) - Talent Pool
Medi Response runs a number of site-based medical projects across South Africa. We are busy sourcing suitably qualified candidates for our Intermediate Life Support (ILS) provider (AEA/ECA) talent pool in anticipation of various career vacancies that will be opening up in the near future. We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced ILS providers who are aligned with the current HPCSA Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs) and who ideally hold industrial firefighting and rope/high angle rescue certifications to join our team.
If you are looking for an opportunity in the site-based medical rescue environment, we would love to hear from you!
As a site-based ILS provider, you will be responsible for providing emergency medical treatment to patients on industrial sites falling within our site-based medical services department. You may also have an opportunity to be placed on a dual-role site to perform medical rescue and basic firefighting support. Our clients operate across different industries ranging from mining to petrochemicals and processing.
While deployed on site, you will need to provide emergency medical care to patients while ensuring diligent keeping of medical records (including records pertaining to patient assessment, treatment provided and drug/medication administration).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responding to emergency incidents on the site.
- When required, attend to primary healthcare duties within site-specific treatment protocols.
- Assessing patients, providing emergency treatment and monitoring and making preliminary diagnoses.
- Overseeing patient transport and referral arrangements while continuing patient care in transit/ up to handover.
- Provide patient care in assigned medical facilities and/or on site.
- Communicating effectively with Medi Response's clients, patients and other important stakeholders.
- Form part of the site based fire and/or rescue or emergency response team.
SKILLS AND APTITUDES
- Independent decision-making ability.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office suite)
- Intrinsically motivated
- Patient and client focused mindset and excellent interpersonal skills
- Certified Ambulance Emergency Assistant (AEA) or Higher Certificate in Emergency Care, registered as an Emergency Care Assistant (ECA)
- Industrial firefighting/ firefighter 1 & 2 (preferred)
- Rope/high angle rescue certifications (preferred)
- Up to date with CPG certification (RSA) and CPD-compliant
- Current BLS-HCP and ITLS certifications (preferred)
- Valid passport
- Active registration with the HPCSA as an Ambulance Emergency Assistant (AEA) or Emergency Care Assistant (ECA)
- Drivers license with PDP (passenger class)
- Remote or industrial site experience is an added advantage
- CPD compliant and in good standing with HPCSA (or related professional body)