About the job Emergency Care Practitioner (ECP - ALS) - KZN
Medi Response has a vacancy for an Emergency Care Practitioner (ECP) to work as an Advanced Life Support (ALS) provider within our KwaZulu-Natal-based EMS road operation. We are looking for a dynamic practitioner with urban road operations experience who will demonstrate our core values of passion, expertise and quality.
As an operational ECP (ALS) you will be responsible for responding to medical emergency call-outs and attending to advanced life support (ALS) inter-facility patient transfers. You will be expected to provide emergency medical treatment and intensive care to patients serviced by Medi Response. You will need to ensure diligent keeping of medical records, including records pertaining to patient assessment, treatment provided and drug/medication administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responding to emergency calls and providing patient care up to and including an advanced life support level of care
- Handling ALS inter-facility transfers
- Assessing patients, providing emergency treatment and monitoring and making preliminary diagnoses
- Communicating effectively with Medi Response's clients, patients and other important stakeholders
- Fulfil the role of a shift leader, ensuring that the team is properly motivated and that basic on-duty tasks are done in prescribed timeframes.
- Quality assure patient care records that are completed by lower level qualifications
SKILLS AND APTITUDES
- Independent decision-making ability.
- Computer literacy
- Intrinsically motivated
- Patient and client focused mindset and excellent interpersonal skills
- B.Tech/ B.Hsc/ B.EMC degree in Emergency Medical Care
- CPG certifications up to date
- Current ACLS/ITLS/PALS certifications (preferred)
- Active registration with HPCSA as an Emergency Care Practitioner (ECP)
- Drivers licence with valid professional driving permit (PrDP - passenger)
- CPD compliant and in good standing with HPCSA