About the job Procurement Specialist
The Procurement Specialist is responsible to implement and manage innovative strategies for enhancing DNOMs supply chain and procurement to ensure value for money, increased flexibility and improved performance
- Provide contractual support during the development of scope of works Develop tender documentation and weighted rankings for work packages
- Identify potential suppliers and prepare tender advertisements and set up pre-bid conferences
- Develop a scoring mechanism which can be used to manage tender queries and technical capabilities
- Review tender responses and evaluation report
- Develop final supplier recommendations to GTC Increase visibility of procurement to support senior management decision making and asset planning
- Prepare Work Order Packages and communicate award of Work Orders to Internal Stakeholders
- Carry out compliance check against SLAs, KPIs and Penalties to ensure that they have been applied correctly as per the contract
- Collaborate with Engineering Services Dept. (ESD), Engineers, legal and finance departments in all aspects of Contract and Contract Management
- Work with key stakeholders to embed knowledge of Client procurement processes and systems
- Implement the optimal procurement operating model to suit the needs of Client
- Interface with Client stakeholders to secure on-time delivery of supply chain & procurement requirements
- Analyse and develop management dashboards and reports to support decision-making and induce effective demand management
- Monitor tools and processes to manage supplier performance
- Manage and foster partnering relations with key suppliers / contractors to encourage value-add, innovation and continuous improvement
- Encourage the use of technology and management information to enhance value
- Implement and keep up to date with current and future Clients procurement and contract management requirements
- Share relevant knowledge and experience, various concepts, principles and practices applied to deliver/meet DNO&Ms future procurement and contract management needs to others.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Policy within the workplace and comply with any new work instructions
- Perform other duties/ tasks as required
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Quantity Surveying and equivalent
- Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
- Holder of Chartered Membership in relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering) would be an advantage
- Holder of current/valid Qatar Driving License would be an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years experience preferably working in water/ wastewater industry.
- Experience of working within a multi-cultural environment preferably in the Middle East
- Knowledge and experience in contract management
- Broad experience in construction sector with demonstrated experience in procurement and contracts
- Experience in projects involving Government Departments and Outsourced contractors/consultants.
- Proficient in Tender Documents compilation, preparation of Bills of Quality, interim claim evaluation and final account is compulsory
- Computer knowledge related to quantity surveying field, MS office etc.
- Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and staff at all levels within the Organisation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is mandatory.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic is preferred